Galaxy Watch 5 has issues getting into sleep mode

(Topic created: 05-14-2024 02:47 PM)
Art10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung Watch5 Pro
One UI (5.0)

After recent updates Galaxy Watch 5 has issues getting into sleep mode. 

After chosing sleep mode it either goes back to main screen and doesn't switch to sleep mode or turns screen off without switching modes.

Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries. 
4 Replies
monkk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I think the answer is priorities. The automation you talk about is interesting for a minority of users(I'm part of it) and Samsung has more important things to do.

Still, there is a progress - before watch had modes, not they have ratings which can be synced. Next step will be add additional modes to the watch. And this is not that trivial - same mode on the phone and on the watch not necessarily must have the same settings.

On the other hand, they cannot fix gboard issue for 5 months....

And watchfaces customisation in the phone wearable app was broken for several months as well.

0 Likes
Art10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Maybe k wasn't clear. I'm asking if anyone is having the same issue. It used to work fine prior the update. Not an automation. Manual change of the mode for the night.

Used to work great. Now I am running into this issue and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or maybe better, fixed it.
0 Likes
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have been having the same issue for a couple of months now. You are not alone.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the sleep mode taking multiple attempts to manually turn on with your Galaxy watch 5. I would

recommend submitting an error report, this will allow logs to be submitted and provide our team of engineers with more information. Please use this link for steps to submit an error report: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-send-an-error-report/

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach back out to the community for further assistance.

0 Likes