Original topic:

Galaxy Watch USA & Blood Pressure

(Topic created: 9 hours ago)
Rann1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand that the FDA has to approve the blood pressure function on the Galaxy Watch.  However, I find it totally RIDICULOUS compared to other dangers in life.  Particularly, when compared to products that come with warnings-alcohol, smoking, zillions of prescription meds, etc.  Why can't the function be approved with a warning?  Even if it were approved, I am sensible enough to know it does not compare to proper/traditional medical instruments.  I have a Pro 5.  I cannot see upgrading to the latest incarnation until the BP feature is offered.  And, to introduce the "7" at a premium price.  I'd feel so foolish to purchase under this scenario.

Is there anyone that agrees?

9 Replies
userGZkbuqzf5f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
How about putting it in the Beta releases
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

No one is forcing you to upgrade your watch. 

It is not up to Samsung as to when the FDA will approve the BP monitor. Although the functionality is there, they cannot implement it until the approval.

Perhaps you should be addressing your rancor directly to the FDA.

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
You cannot release a medical grade functionality without getting regulatory approval, period. If you think it's comparable to alcohol regulations, then you are sorely mistaken.
BigDaddyDeg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
They put sensors in it and then you believe that the functionality is coming. I've been waiting since Watch 5. Bought 6 and still sensors for functionality that hasn't produced. Blame it on certification, but I don't see a big push to get it done. Just a push to sell product with false hope.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

The question I have is why is everyone so heated to have the blood pressure monitor? Are you all taking your blood pressure every hour?  I understand the usefulness of having this functionality, but we all lived long enough without it, and even though taking your pressure the "old fashioned" way is inconvenient and uncomfortable, it's still a viable method.

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I think there's a lot of frustration that Samsung doesn't seem to be fighting for regulatory approval.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Perhaps they are not greasing the right palms.

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
always a possibility. cost of doing business, don't ya see.
0 Likes
TonyTypeS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
When I got the Watch 5 Pro I could have sworn I saw it advertised being able to take BP. But all of that has been removed. Till this date still can't take BP readings because of the FDA. I don't think I would ever need to use that feature, but thought it was a cool selling feature. Probably no need to upgrade from the watch 5 pro to the 7 unless you want the latest stuff. I only upgraded my watch 5p to the Ultra because of the trade in value šŸ™‚
0 Likes