Original topic:

Unable to receive Whatsapp notifications on the Galaxy watch 6

(Topic created: 08-21-2023 06:02 AM)
CC_NY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi everyone,

I just got my galaxy watch 6 last week and my Samsung Flip 5😁. Sadly my Whatsapp notifications are not coming through on my new watch. I had a galaxy fit watch 2 for 4 years so I know how to work the watch and the app. Something is going on. Is anyone having this issue with the new watch?

Also, I contacted WhatsApp directly and they responded: "Unfortunately, this issue is out of the scope of support that WhatsApp can provide."

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are any other apps failing to notify also? Is Whatsapp toggled on in the Galaxy Wearables app, under Settings>Notifications>App notifications? Is Whatsapp installed on the watch?

View solution in context

0 Likes
23 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are any other apps failing to notify also? Is Whatsapp toggled on in the Galaxy Wearables app, under Settings>Notifications>App notifications? Is Whatsapp installed on the watch?

0 Likes
CC_NY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Seems to only be WhatsApp not workingScreenshot_20230821_102827_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg
CC_NY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Aha! Problem solved. Just did it and now it's working. Thank you for your help.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
Awesome! I'm happy to hear all is working as expected now! If you wouldn't mind, make sure to mark this topic as solved (three dots, accept as solution) by my previous post. This will allow the thread to stay active in the Community so that other Members can take advantage of this information as well!
audgesimper
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
What did you do to fix this?
Amir67777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It dosnot  work !!!!

audgesimper
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

I just got my watch and all notifications work except for the whatsapp notifications.  I tried deleting and reinstalling the app from the watch and that didn't fix it. 

Screenshot_20240620_200627_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@audgesimper A couple of things. 

Whatsapp notification must be enabled on your phone. If your phone doesn't allow the notification, it won't be sent to your watch. 

Have you went into the wearable app -> your watch -> watch settings -> Notifications -> App notifications and enabled Whatsapp notifications there? 

0 Likes
audgesimper
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes I have it turned on on my phone and watch. I get a notification on my phone but not my watch.