(Topic created: yesterday)
datswd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello

Recently bought Galaxy Watch Ultra

And i'm really confused with the following:

1. It's impossible to lock watches when it's on wrist. So when you're in bar or disco, where it's noisy, scammers can easily read on my watch SMS from banks and other confidential data

2. It's impossible to disable touch screen when Always On Display is turned on. Really strange. It's really easy to accidentally do some unwanted actions in such case. Moreover option to disable touch is available, but grayed out

3. There are only some useless functions on quick action button and no option to call applications

When i spent 600$ i thought that product is made by top level designers, UX experts and developers. In fact it doesn't look so šŸ˜ž

Are you going to do something with points mentioned above or it's easier for me to bring your device back to the store?

Looking forward to your response

Regards,

Daniil

0 Likes
6 Replies
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
As with any product, if you don't like the way it functions and you are within the return window, return it. Find something else that meets your needs.
0 Likes
datswd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So you 100% sure, that those strange things ain't goint to be fixed with some firmware update?

0 Likes
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Of course not 100 % sure. No product until it's totally obsolete is free from change and nobody here can know if the issues that bother you will be coming. You and you alone must decide what is best for you at this point in time . Good luck
0 Likes
datswd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks a lot for your answer

If i would like to decide myself i wouldn't ask here

I would like to here from samsung guys something like: "We will never do what you want because it contradicts with policy of our company and we love to make risks for our customers privacy and add bothering issues to devices".

Or something like "Of course we will do it in next software update that is coming next quarter"

0 Likes
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
You are the one with options. You can control what you do, you can't control anything else. No company is going to create expectations and liability by publishing in advance enhancement changes they are working on and may or may not release. So again, based on your own risk reward tolerance, keep the watch, return it if you can or return it and if enhancements you want are released, purchase another one. Have you tried using Modes and Routines on your phone to create scenarios unique to use controling notifications, AOD etc that might solve your concerns? Also an app such as ITTT might give you more granular control over modes. You're the consumer, you take action, Samsung isn't going to give you an answer here.
0 Likes
userSRDIh9XrnQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
You realize thay all samsung watches are not manufactured by Samsung they are manufactured Google, that is why you have to use the Google play store now for all the watch faces, I found this out when I got my new watch from Samsung and was having an issue gets my watch faces I bought to install back on my classic watch 6
0 Likes