Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Ultra not connecting to Verizon

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
userdakG7hnnBQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Anyone have any luck getting their Verizon mobile set up on the Galaxy Watch Ultra.  I got my watch early and tried twice with tech support with no luck?   The eSIM has been set up and I was hoping that since today, the 24th, was the release date it would connect but it's still not working.   I don't want to spend another hour with Verizon support.  I have already uninstalled the Wear app and reset the phone and I perfer not to do that again as well.    

8 Replies
userbe3aCpFRL4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Having the same problem you are. Can't get connected. Please post if you get it figured out.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Assuming you are talking about the watch7, I'm seeing posts on here that the IMEIs are not loaded to the carriers yet. Since today is the supposed official release date, I would expect they would be available later today or tomorrow.

userdakG7hnnBQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I assume that since the Galaxy watch ultra and 7 were released at the same time they would have the same issue.   I received my watch 4 days ago and until Tuesday (23rd) the system didn't take the IMEI.  However, once it did on the 23rd,  I still couldn't connect it to Verizon.  

I can only guess that they loaded the IMEI s, but haven't set up the connection yet.  

Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Check out my post from a few days ago...
0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Apparently there's an update that Samsung is supposed to send to all carriers so that the watch work. I spoke with Samsung on Monday and its supposed to be today that they release the "update " to all carriers. I tried again on Tmobile this morning and it didn't work.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Tralynn It is the list of IMEI numbers. The carriers will then load those into their system so the watches will be recognized. 

0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I wish Tmobile understood that. They're telling me Tmobile only supports Galaxy watches up to 2018...lol I asked so how is it that I have Galaxy watch classic 6 that is currently active on Tmobile as a stand alone....
They reactivated my classic 6 watch until they consult with their engineers and Samsung...
0 Likes
loobyj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Issues with Verizon.  2 levels of business support telling me I can't use my Ultra Watch on Verizon network since I bought unlocked from Samsung and not them.  They found the IMEI in their system, but it won't activate.  I'm hoping to give it a week and try again.  Of course, Verizon said waiting won't help.

0 Likes