JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series persistent voicemail notifications - Samsung lack of customer service

(Topic created: 04-15-2022 08:03 AM)
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am really not loving this Samsung support model, which appears to be "let's start a community and let users solve each other's problems and we won't have to do anything at all" and maybe you can hope that Samsung support will see your post and weigh in.

Samsung must develop a way to dismiss persistent notifications. I don't need a constant notification on my watch of a voicemail that does not exist. It wastes battery power and annoys the user. THERE IS NO VOICEMAIL. At the very, very least, the notification should disappear when the voice mailbox is accessed (message or not). There also is absolutely no reason for a notification to be ongoing. If a user saw a notification and chose to ignore it, there is no reason to keep reminding them of it. ONGOING NOTIFICATIONS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

I noticed that even when there is a legitimate voicemail notification, I cannot dismiss it until I access the voicemail. This is wrong. At the very least there should be a setting whereby you can a) select if you want notifications to be ongoing and b) select how many times and at what intervals you want to be reminded, or c) not have an ongoing notification at all.

I understand this particular issue seems to be with the Galaxy Watch 4 and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile says their Samsung tech liaison team is working with Samsung, and Samsung will, supposedly, eventually come up with a fix for it. But it would not be happening in the first place if any of the suggestions above were utilized. I also understand that some people have had success with resolving this issue by factory resetting their watch. I refuse factory reset my watch for a minor issue, especially when the backup data may contain whatever error is causing this, and I don't want to have to go through all my settings again after a reset, just to get my watch to function properly.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
125 Replies
Blaquality
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I keep getting notifications for voicemails on my watch that isn't there, mailbox is empty, it also happens every time I clear my notifications, I'll get another voicemail alert 
0 Likes
user3hBMAaEbtu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
How do I get rid of a voice mail notification when there is no voice mail
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you have cellular service on your watch at some point?

0 Likes
userjeWSrEUoQR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Delete your voice messages from visual voice message. Works for mine.
0 Likes
user3hBMAaEbtu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have service on my watch. And I tried the visual voice-mail. Still same thing
0 Likes
brianfromdc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi - I was able to resolve this ridiculousness by disabling password protection on my voicemail.

It seems the watch is unable to handle that added security - according to T-Mobile your pin will still be required if you try to access your voicemail from anything other than your mobile.

So, pick your pain - the knowledge that you're secure and the annoyance of phantom notifications, or the worry that you've got nothing but trust between you and your voicemails when your watch accurately tells you a new one has arrived.

B

0 Likes
PalmTreez47
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a new voicemail notification that's consistently pops up on my watch only. When accessed I'm prompted with no messages in the inbox. Please help 
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
It appears to be a bug, because that has been happening to me for last year since I got my Watch 4. I've tried everything I can think of with notifications on my phone and my watch and it's still persists.
PalmTreez47
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Very unfortunate as I'm sure this is putting restraints on battery life. Because everytime I tap the screen I get a notification
0 Likes
Members_0Zf9Zp9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm tired of this stupid voicemail phantom notification on my S4 watch. It keeps popping up, even after listening to it. 

I don't have a separate number, it links to my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. And there is no way to deactivate the voice message notification. 

I'm serious thinking about returning this watch. The flat out lack of support for this is mindblowing to me. 

I've always supported your products Samsung, but this is just ridiculous. Get your  together and create a real solution for this problem. Clearly I'm not the only one. Stop sending me to my phone carrier, they are just as invested in helping (not helping) us as you appear to be. 

Take a couple of thousand dollars, from the millions of dollars we (your loyal customers) support you with year after year and provide a viable solution. Im not ressting my watch, I'm not going to update my watch (until the update truly fixes this AND doesn't completly  up my other settings like the most recent update did). 

I expect nothing more than crickets from you. I may have to become an Apple phone and watch consumer (gasp)!