JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series persistent voicemail notifications - Samsung lack of customer service

(Topic created: 09-16-2023 10:35 PM)
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am really not loving this Samsung support model, which appears to be "let's start a community and let users solve each other's problems and we won't have to do anything at all" and maybe you can hope that Samsung support will see your post and weigh in.

Samsung must develop a way to dismiss persistent notifications. I don't need a constant notification on my watch of a voicemail that does not exist. It wastes battery power and annoys the user. THERE IS NO VOICEMAIL. At the very, very least, the notification should disappear when the voice mailbox is accessed (message or not). There also is absolutely no reason for a notification to be ongoing. If a user saw a notification and chose to ignore it, there is no reason to keep reminding them of it. ONGOING NOTIFICATIONS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

I noticed that even when there is a legitimate voicemail notification, I cannot dismiss it until I access the voicemail. This is wrong. At the very least there should be a setting whereby you can a) select if you want notifications to be ongoing and b) select how many times and at what intervals you want to be reminded, or c) not have an ongoing notification at all.

I understand this particular issue seems to be with the Galaxy Watch 4 and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile says their Samsung tech liaison team is working with Samsung, and Samsung will, supposedly, eventually come up with a fix for it. But it would not be happening in the first place if any of the suggestions above were utilized. I also understand that some people have had success with resolving this issue by factory resetting their watch. I refuse factory reset my watch for a minor issue, especially when the backup data may contain whatever error is causing this, and I don't want to have to go through all my settings again after a reset, just to get my watch to function properly.

125 Replies
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had that for the whole 2 years I had my 4. I got the 5 pro a couple of weeks ago and thankfully, don't have it.
All those people saying listen to voice.mail, there are no voicemails to listen too. It's a rogue notification and Samsung is very aware of it. It is not a provider issue.
btspac
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just got the Galaxy 6 classic. I had the galaxy 3 for years. The Galaxy 3 started when sprint merged with T-Mobile and never went away until my watch was rebooted and disconnected from my Samsung note 20. As soon as 5g came out and I turned it on...back it came. I've had my new watch a week or so and tonight it started again. This is not a setting issue and I isn't a non discarded vm. I have had tech level 3 on the phone for hours at the store with the galaxy 3 and now I'll have to go back. This is definitely a 3-4 year issue and has something to do with certain carriers and how the vm is being pushed to the phone. The worst part is that it drains battery life.
0 Likes
JaxBeachCowboy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Go to watch settings/connections/mobile networks. Turn mobile network to always on. Then go to the voicemail notification on your watch. Tap the notification and check your voicemail on your watch. It will say you have no new messages. Hang up and the notification will be gone.

Varzil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks JaxBeachCowboy! I followed your steps & powered down my G6 Classic after getting the 'no new msgs & rebooted & now my 'unclearable' VM notification is gone. Tried b4 & it seems that powering down the watch & rebooting after getting 'no new msgs' after following your steps did the trick!

Ifsit hadn't, I would've gone to settings, & done a soft, non- wiping-of-network-connections- to.-the-watch soft reset, but didn't have to… how frustrating this must seem to people- esp w/price of watch & how Sammy has kown abt this for yrs… Glad to get results, & cleared notification. No fun getting msg that notificayions can't be cleared - esp when it drains the battery! T%is Community has provenehelpful once again!

0 Likes
Solution
EgyptianGod
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've noticed that people are saying that they are having an issue where they have an "ongoing notification that can't be cleared" on their watch. I am here to shed some light on this. I just experienced this on my Galaxy Watch6 Classic 47mm. This should work on ANY Galaxy Watch that is having this issue. You probably have the Bluetooth /Wifi + 4G LTE version like I own. These are the steps that I did to clear this ANNOYING notification:

• Turn off the Bluetooth on your Phone/Device the watch is connected to.
  • Wait till the Galaxy Watch connects to the 4G LTE services.
  • Go to the ANNOYING notification and click on it.
  • Call your voicemail from the option in the notification. (even if you don't have a voicemail in your inbox STILL DO THIS!!!)
  • Listen to the female voicemail in the voicemail.
  • THIS NEXT STEP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS AND IS THE WAY TO CLEAR IT!!!!
  • Open up the Keypad on the Watch and Press ** (Let her say "Thank you for calling, Goodbye) and the watch will disconnect from the voicemail on it's own.
  • Turn the Bluetooth back on the phone/device and let the Galaxy Watch connect by itself.
  • PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
  • 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Awesome! Thank you for solving this! 😀
EgyptianGod
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Let me know if this worked for you.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't have this problem, but I will definitely be using this information to assist other Members who have this type of issue!
EgyptianGod
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Please make sure you mention me also. I am trying to climb up on rankings on here. I want to be up there. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🤭🤭🤭
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
I will be sure to @ you for sure! It's great that you want to help people in the Community! Over time, I'm positive you will be on the leaderboard! 🙂