JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch4 - Outdated time on Always On Display since last update

(Topic created: 02-27-2022 08:01 AM)
useryu3GxBkZZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

HI, since the recent update my third party watchfaces don't update the time on AOD, which is particularly nasty as I've already been late multiple times because of this.

I see comments on reddit for example here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/sovjxd/update_scewed_up_watchmaker_faces/

https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/soivxf/some_older_watchfaces_may_not_work_correctly/

This is a pretty serious issue, is there any idea about whether Samsung is working on a fix, or when such a fix would be available?

17 Replies
Solution
userqXUTZNNNRC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
The current update seems to have fixed the aod update problem for 3rd party watch faces on my preliminary check of several faces.
useryu3GxBkZZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Confirmed, software update R890XXU1EVB4 fixes AOD for third party watch faces. Update is already rolling out in Austria.

0 Likes
usercAkPBIG1po
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

NOT CONFIRMED. There is no update available other than R895FXXU1EVA8 (at least not here in Sweden) and that's update that caused the error.

Yes, the watch face does update more often when background activity is allowed for the watchmaker app, however, still the watch doesn't wake on lifiting my arm (yes, setting of wake up on lifting my arm this is correctly set i settings). This worked fine before your "upgrade".

This is VERY FRUSTRATING. I fells like "I bought a nice watch, but Samsung destroyed it after a month".

I can be a beta-tester for your next update if you wish (and if you need professionals for this)? 
Did you even beta-test the last update at all?

0 Likes
MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Here in the US my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is updated to R890XXU1EVB4/R890OXM1EVB4

This update is supposed to fix these issues, but on my S22 Ultra the option to enable Background activity is disabled and greyed out so that I cannot enable it.

0 Likes
useryu3GxBkZZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Software update R890XXU1EVB4 fixes AOD for third party watch faces. Update is already rolling out in Austria.

0 Likes
userhOKTNQJFvf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Got this from facer community"has found the workaround solution for the AOD issue. Galaxy Wearable phone app > Watch Settings > Apps > Facer. Then you have to slide the switch on the Allow background activity setting"

Worked for facer and watchmaker in my galaxy watch classic 4

0 Likes
usercAkPBIG1po
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did it really fix the "wake up by lifting your arm"-error? For me the setting of background activity did not fix that. The watch still does not wake up by lifting my arm to look at the watch.

I have watchmaker.

0 Likes
MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just upgraded to the S22 Ultra and the slider for Allow background activity is greyed out in the settings for both Watchmaker and Facer. The AOD display is again broken in Watchmaker, but works fine with Facer.

0 Likes