JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch6 Slow to charge?

(Topic created: 08-14-2023 05:20 PM)
MJDaniels
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I received my Galaxy Watch6 and it's running fine. The setup was pretty easy, same as the Watch5. 

My question is this, it takes what I consider to be an inordinate amount of time to recharge the watch and was wondering if this is typical? I'm using a Samsung 25W charger. How long should it take to recharge say from 38% to 100%? it's taking mine hours (2-3) to fully charge.

Thanks in advance

JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
MJDaniels
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the watch's Wi-Fi turned off by default when the watch is powered off?

I charge it when powered off and the times and percentages that I've listed above are all when the watch is turned off. 

0 Likes
MJDaniels
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

9/12/2023: So far the replacement charging cable promised to be sent to me 2 weeks ago on 8/29/2023 still has not been received. The watch continues to take more than 2 + hours to recharge.

I've contacted SS's warranty support again and continue to wait for their reply.

0 Likes
Solution
MJDaniels
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

9/24/2023 Update...

The replacement charging cable finally arrived on 9/21. It only took 4 weeks to arrive from Samsung's warranty location in Texas.

I've now recharged the watch twice using the new cable and it did cut the times to charge to 100% significantly. For example, to go from 21% to 100% charge took about 68 minutes. Using the old cable took a couple of hours.

For me, the cable was the culprit and root cause of the slow charge problem, therefore I accept this as the solution in my situation.

0 Likes