JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 3 broke while swimming

(Topic created: 07-04-2022 08:37 AM)
KimWRN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I went lap swimming today and started the swimming mode on my watch. I made certain that the water lock feature was activated. I was swimming my first lap and felt my watch vibrate 2 times. I stopped at the opposite end of the pool to check my watch and it was dead. I immediately tooknit off and dried it.

I had charged the battery before heading to the gym, so it had plenty of charge. I haven't had this problem before and have done lap swimming with it 3-5 previous times.

I chatted with customer service and because my watch is 2 months out of warranty,  they are offering repairs (at my cost) and/or buying a new watch. I am so annoyed by this!!! I purchased this watch last year with the Frontline worker/RN special and now it feels as though Samsung doesn't even care that their product broke under proper use circumstances.  I have it sitting in rice now. Hoping that it will work again.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with the water lock feature? Any advice?

5 Replies
jasonamd
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
All the water lock feature does is make it so it doesn't detect water as screen touches. It has nothing to do with protecting it from water damage. And while Samsung says it can be used in water within certain guidelines, warranty doesn't cover water damage. Had a Galaxy Watch Active die while in a pool.
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
I think they should rename the water lock to touch lock or something like that cause people keep thinking that enabling this acts as a literal lock against water getting into the device
realaud
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch

Electronics are funny. Sometimes things just die. It may have nothing to do with your swim, just coincidentally picked that time for its last gasp. That being said, perhaps the battery itself died. Since it is out of warranty, you can bring it anywhere for repair. If you have a local tech fixit shop such as You Break We Fix, you can see if they have a reasonable price for diagnosis and repair.

Slohrasbi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Some time after covid I go to pool with my watch3 active .

Just swimming not any type of diving, happen this to my watch 😒 

20220513_112653.jpg

 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with you watch not working after swimming. I would recommend a service repair as your device would need to be diagnosed by a licensed technician. If your device is found to have liquid or physical damage, you would be responsible for the cost of the repair. If you wish to set your device up for service, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for the best available options for repair.