cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy watch 3 heart rate data missing on run

During my last two runs, I do not have heart rate data for 90% of my run. The fist few runs, the tracking was OK. I upgraded from my gear S3 hoping the heart rate tracking may have improved with the newer sensors.

I tried adjusting the fit and the position. Still the heart rate wouldn't update. I set the heart rate and stress monitoring to continuous. If I check the Samsung Health apps heart rate data during the run, the heart seems to update few times and sometimes it is stuck at same value for minutes. Any other solutions to my issue above.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Galaxy watch 3 heart rate data missing on run

I feel your pain, today, during an outside walk, the HR quit on my less than a week old Watch 3.  Failed to record for almost 1/3 of the activity.  Since I'm not a spring chicken (72), and obese, the heart rate during my activities is extremely important, but this isn't very encouraging. I"ll give it one more try, and if it does it again, it's going back.  I've had Garmins, Suunto's, Polars, and Apple watches, and it's never happened to me.  Bad point is that you simply can't attach an external HR monitor to the device either, which forces you to rely on the onboard monitor.

I have to wonder how widespread this problem really is...

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello, this problem is extremely widespread. The Galaxy watch 3 urgently needs a big update. Too many inaccuracies in the heart sensor. It is truly a disaster. During my workouts either the heart rate sensor stops or data is missing. It is very frustrating. I am looking forward to the update from Samsung.Screenshot_20201011-144405_Samsung Health.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can try the troubleshooting in this article: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003204/

If the issue persists, the watch may need to be evaluated by a certified technician. For service options, please send a private message with the full model code, and the serial number or IMEI number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.