JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 3 heart rate data missing on run

(Topic created: 02-23-2021 05:59 AM)
userLJgD4MCxP6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

During my last two runs, I do not have heart rate data for 90% of my run. The fist few runs, the tracking was OK. I upgraded from my gear S3 hoping the heart rate tracking may have improved with the newer sensors.

I tried adjusting the fit and the position. Still the heart rate wouldn't update. I set the heart rate and stress monitoring to continuous. If I check the Samsung Health apps heart rate data during the run, the heart seems to update few times and sometimes it is stuck at same value for minutes. Any other solutions to my issue above.

11 Replies
oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I feel your pain, today, during an outside walk, the HR quit on my less than a week old Watch 3.  Failed to record for almost 1/3 of the activity.  Since I'm not a spring chicken (72), and obese, the heart rate during my activities is extremely important, but this isn't very encouraging. I"ll give it one more try, and if it does it again, it's going back.  I've had Garmins, Suunto's, Polars, and Apple watches, and it's never happened to me.  Bad point is that you simply can't attach an external HR monitor to the device either, which forces you to rely on the onboard monitor.

I have to wonder how widespread this problem really is...

usersNlv3A1kUl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, this problem is extremely widespread. The Galaxy watch 3 urgently needs a big update. Too many inaccuracies in the heart sensor. It is truly a disaster. During my workouts either the heart rate sensor stops or data is missing. It is very frustrating. I am looking forward to the update from Samsung.Screenshot_20201011-144405_Samsung Health.jpg

Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can try the troubleshooting in this article: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003204/

If the issue persists, the watch may need to be evaluated by a certified technician. For service options, please send a private message with the full model code, and the serial number or IMEI number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Unfortunately, this is NOT a solution.  I have had 3 Samsung Galaxy 3 watches, and all 3 exhibited the same behavior.  Additionally, they (all 3, again, mind you) would drop the heart rate at random times during the day.  The current watch, has done so for 11 separate times today only.  This is NOT a single watch problem, but a systemic, software/firmware problem that Samsung a) needs to acknowledge, and b) work on fixing.

Sorry, but to be passed on with a canned answer rather upsets me, in fact, the answer above indicates that the "solver" hasn't read the entire thread, but insted hit a MACRO button to provide the canned answer to a perceived problem.

userPRUtqzOC1c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here..this is so frustrating. I have noticed that when this happens (at least for my galaxy watch 3) the light sensor bellow is turned off even tho im wearing it and i've set it to continuous measuring. I really don't understand why this happensGalaxy watch 3 missing heart rate dataGalaxy watch 3 missing heart rate data

0 Likes
user3unNURjYhn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

HI,

Hey Samsung, can we please have a fix about the heart rate monitoring?
It was working fine until 2 weeks ago where heart rate monitoring while running on a treadmill stop updating for long time of period.
I would say it is rather annoying and I am considering scrapping my watch for an apple watch.

mcdonsco
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

just adding my two cents...I went from a gear s3 to a watch 3 and for the first few months it was fine. but in the last couple weeks it's completely hit or miss. about 70% of the time it only records my heart rate for 10% of my jog....SUPER ANNOYING.

Makes me wish I could still buy a new gear s3 to replace the one I traded for this crap.

oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I hear ya.  I've owned 3 Galaxy Watch 3's, (yeah, I'm a slow learner) and EVERY ONE has exhibited this problem.  I've adjusted the fit, rebooted, reset, etc, etc, etc, and never has the watch performed correctly for heart rate.  If I'm sitting watching TV, or sleeping, it appears to be consistent, most of the time, however, if I walk to the mailbox, if I walk around the grocery store, or if I actually do an activity, the heart rate simply gives out over at least a third, and sometimes even half of the activity.  This isn't acceptable.  I'm not a novice with smart/activity watches, I've owned Suunto, Garmin, Polar, and Apple watches, going from fenix 2, 3, 5, and 6, Suunto's Ambit 2, 3, and at least 2 of their "flagship watches" before the Suunto 9.  I've had Apple watches 3, 4, and 6, and none, I REPEAT, NONE have exhibited this problem.  If it was with only one watch, I'd say I had a bad one, but since it's been consistent across all 3 of the Galaxy 3's I've owned, it's not a "one off" but a systemic problem with either the hardware or software of the watch.  I've decided to bite the bullet, and even though it's way more watch than I need, my OCD says I need consistent HR data, I've decided to look for a Garmin fenix 6 Pro, or even the $200 Venu would be more consistent than this crap.

userW0Ywn8q7xe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree. Heart rate data is very inconsistent. Especially on runs or walks etc. Very often will record less than half of the data. See my attached photo from today, a first. No data at all. Short run but that shouldn't matter. Watch will not even alert when the heart rate sensor has stopped during a work out. If it did we could try fix it without doing the whole workout with no data. I've tried tightening and cleaning my sweaty wrist and that never helps. My Fitbit Versa had no problems with my small/sweaty wrist during workouts (not to mention it had the ability to determine I was going back and forth between running and walking on one exercise). Also, sleep data seems inaccurate, according to this watch I get 0 deep sleep every single night. I was very happy with the Health app update but so far this watch is a step down from my Fitbit for heart rate and sleep tracking. A real solution would be appreciated. 

Screenshot_20210224_002733_com.sec.android.app.shealth.jpg

 

0 Likes