Original topic:

Galaxy watch ultra not fully functional.

(Topic created: Monday)
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've been trying to get my new Galaxy watch ultra activated on Tmobile since this past Friday! I've heard everything from the watch is defective, to It doesn't operate as a standalone watch, need to update my plan, to Tmobile does not support the watch. I've spoken to a few Tmobile trch support reps and tickets have been submitted to figure out why it won't function as a stand alone.

Today, I decided to call Samsung just to confirm what I already know, which is the watch is LTE and should function independently as it's own line. The Samsung Customer service rep confirmed it is standalone, HOWEVER it won't be fully functional until the 24th. On 7/24 is when Samsung will send an update to all carriers ( Tmobile, ATT, Verizon, etc.) which will allow for the watch to function as a stand alone watch.
I'm not sure why Samsung did not put a disclaimer on the watch letting consumers know or why Tmobile isn't aware that this is the case. I'm just putting it here to save others, stress and time

29 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
I bought a PS4 just to pre-order The Last Of Us and had to wait to play it, first game I ever pre-ordered and when it downloaded I was like heck yeah, then it said I had to wait, I was kinda mad lol
Ziahh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Right thats what im saying like you be all excited but then that message pops up you cant play it yet it just doesnt make sense for preorder honestly there no point yes again i understand the discounts but like i rather use my device i just got rather than wait
0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
My Z fold 6 phone works great. I've been enjoying it sense Friday. Still waiting on the buds 3 pro though...lol
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm on Tmobile and my Ultra has been activated since the day I received it. Just had to give them the IMEI to swap service from my 6 Classic. The watch has its own number, but through a service called DIGITS, all calls and texts are forwarded from your phone's number, making it effectively standalone when away from the phone or wifi.
0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Digits is not the same as having your own phone number that is not attached to your phone. The Galaxy Ultra is LTE, meaning it operates independently not needing to be paired with anything.
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I didn't say it's paired. DIGITS FORWARDS text/calls to your watch, and the watch uses mobile data independently.
I guess what's being discussed here though is having a phone plan on a watch instead of a wearable plan? For people who have no phone at all? Sure, but you'll pay dearly for it. At that point, why not just activate it on an MVNO or Google plan? It would be far cheaper.
0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
No one said that you did. I'm simply explaining the issue I'm having and letting you know I'm not trying to use digits, nor activate it. My current Galaxy watch 6 classic does not have to be "FORWARDED" to my phone. Yes, i have a standalone phone plan on my current Galaxy 6 classic watch (LTE) and im trying to switch to the Galaxy Ultra (LTE). When switching from one watch to another, the process should be seamless.
As far as the costs, I'm not sure what others pay, but the plan i have is not expensive.
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
What's the name of the plan on your watch? Sounds interesting, actually. Today's the 24th; did they get it done?
0 Likes
Tralynn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Nope, apparently all carriers are having the same issue. Something about the IMEI numbers being sent to the carriers as of today and that it may take some time to load in the system. Thry have until Friday or I will be returning this watch ultra and sticking to the classic 6 which is fully functioning as it should.
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
What your plan name?
0 Likes