Original topic:

Galaxy watch ultra not getting notifications from Teams and PingID

(Topic created: 08-14-2024 05:33 AM)
saferider
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

I recently traded in a galaxy watch4 for an Ultra.  It appears that it is very buggy.  One of the biggest bugs is notification.  I have noted that notifications from Teams (from work profile) and PingID are not getting through to the watch even though the notifications are turned on thru Wearable app.  They only work on the phone.  I had a watch4 with the exact same setup and didn't have this issue.  I have done numerous resets both on the watch and on the phone including factory resets.  I called the tech support.  They couldn't help.  It appears to be a firmware issue.  Very frustrated to say the least since these app notifications are the reason I wear a smart watch.  

I would appreciate any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
saferider
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi, thanks for your input! This is what I tried. When I clear the memory in wearable app, Teams notifications are getting thru. And I have narrowed down which one in the memory is interfering. It turned out Smart Switch that resides in the memory was the one. Smart Switch renews itself overnight pretty much and I have to remove it from the memory everyday. However, this still did not help with notifications from PingID. THERE IS DEFINITELY SOME BUG THAT SAMSUNG MISSED.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am getting the notification from Teams on my watch Ultra. Just no vibration when I do. I would recommend reporting via the Wearable app -> Settings -> Contact us

[Edit] I discovered that I had Teams Notifications set to silent on my phone. Once I changed that, I am getting the vibration on my watch Ultra.
0 Likes
Solution
saferider
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi, thanks for your input! This is what I tried. When I clear the memory in wearable app, Teams notifications are getting thru. And I have narrowed down which one in the memory is interfering. It turned out Smart Switch that resides in the memory was the one. Smart Switch renews itself overnight pretty much and I have to remove it from the memory everyday. However, this still did not help with notifications from PingID. THERE IS DEFINITELY SOME BUG THAT SAMSUNG MISSED.
0 Likes
PSmitty
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Found this via Google search with the same issue, no teams notifications and checked all the settings, not getting them on Android Auto either
0 Likes