JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch won't automatically switch to WiFi all the time

(Topic created: 10-09-2018 10:00 PM)
Cormaster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't get why exactly but when i go from bluetooth to WiFi like when my phone is charging and I'm still wearing my watch, it usually will just notify me I'm in standalone mode and won't switch until i go into settings and tell it to connect to my wifi network.  My former Android Wear watch did this seemlessly without me noticing but this watch i often lose my notifications when I'm trying to top my phone off and I'm still wearing the watch around the house . Going in and out of bluetooth range basically makes the feature worthless. When it does automaticly switch it's usually after 10 minutes of being on standalone mode. So what gives?

91 Replies
userFB1aRZ7IB9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue...

It won't switch to wifi if on auto..

And says connecting.. The only way is to forget network and retype password

userjbIlimjbST
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's what I've found to be the only fix for me and it's extremely frustrating - especially when I want to just go to the gym and have it automatically connect to spotify. Nope, I have to play around on the watch with a bunch of work-arounds to make it work. Even if I download my playlists, the watch won't automatically connect to previously used wifi networks in order to download updated playlists... so annoying it's almost not worth it.

Carlos_7538
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

The watch doesn't support calls over wifi, but provided the wifi extends beyond the house you should at least get notifications for texts.

I've noticed that the switch over has become very erratic, disabling BT results in the watch immediately reporting it has connected to wifi successfully and yet the remote feature as you say takes an age to connect, I tried sending an SMS and i get 2"Connecting to phone remotely ..... if this takes to long, try again..." with an OK soft key to dismiss the message.

Yet another bug to file please Admins

0 Likes
Cormaster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

SM-R800

Also worth noting a new recent issue is it seems to keep changing my wifi preference to "always off".  

0 Likes
useriCSe4PtekO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Has anyone had an answer for this yet?  Mine does the same - I have it set for Wifi/Auto and have connected it to the Wifi....but it never switches over when I am out of BT range (which BTW seems super short, like one room).  I can go in and manually connect it to WiFi, but literally when I walk around my house (or office) it drops in and out of BT/standalone mode 5-6 times as I go between rooms (assuming phone is left in one place and I am walking with the watch).  Super annoying and I keep missing notifications since the Wifi won't pick up.  My 42mm battery life is already crappy so I don't want to use Wifi always on unless it's necessary.  

Anyways - any fix yet?  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue with my watch. 

0 Likes
userPffmP9AIyO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have 2 issues connected to wifi as well:

1. Galaxy watch 46mm isn't able to find wifi on my workplace despite the fact my laptop is connected to it successfully.

2. Wifi is on (Bluetooth is on as well) and connected successfully to my home network but! it says there is no connection to the internet. And it starts working only after switching on wifi on my phone which is stupid because I want to use my watch for browsing and don't want to have 2 devices connected to the internet to do that. 

0 Likes
userGvN3hB7nZ9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch connects but almost instantly says not supported and disconnects. On a guest wifi at work not requiring a pw@

0 Likes
userGvN3hB7nZ9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch connects but almost instantly says not supported and disconnects. On a guest wifi at work not requiring a pw@

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey guys, I apologize for the confusion and any inconveniences. However, we do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, in which we do not have access to. If you purchased your device outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area.

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

0 Likes