JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch won't automatically switch to WiFi all the time

(Topic created: 01-31-2019 09:50 PM)
Cormaster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't get why exactly but when i go from bluetooth to WiFi like when my phone is charging and I'm still wearing my watch, it usually will just notify me I'm in standalone mode and won't switch until i go into settings and tell it to connect to my wifi network.  My former Android Wear watch did this seemlessly without me noticing but this watch i often lose my notifications when I'm trying to top my phone off and I'm still wearing the watch around the house . Going in and out of bluetooth range basically makes the feature worthless. When it does automaticly switch it's usually after 10 minutes of being on standalone mode. So what gives?

91 Replies
userR8vHSyy6ch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Found a bug/workaround. When I walked out of range of my phone's Bluetooth, it would show wifi on the watch as 'connecting' but never actually connect. I went into my phone's Galaxy Wearable app, Watch Connection > turn off "Sync Wi-Fi Profiles". It now connects as expected when watch wifi connection mode is set to 'Auto'. 

0 Likes
Tom_Tom_Nom_Nom
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userR8vHSyy6ch wrote:

Found a bug/workaround. When I walked out of range of my phone's Bluetooth, it would show wifi on the watch as 'connecting' but never actually connect. I went into my phone's Galaxy Wearable app, Watch Connection > turn off "Sync Wi-Fi Profiles". It now connects as expected when watch wifi connection mode is set to 'Auto'. 

^^^^ You, sir, are a genius. Worked FINALLY. 

Also having the problem of wifi being disrupted by bluetooth every time it is connected. It's as if the bluetooth connection corrupts the login credentials of saved wifi profiles. It repeatedly tries to connect unsuccesfully. 

0 Likes
Carlos_7538
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sync WiFi profiles feature is flawed, it already has/had a bug causing problems trying to even search for wifi and multiple Bluetooth disconnects.

Definitely disable this feature as default.

0 Likes
userhQFEznOYaP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

thank you for the work around. Althpough it does work, it seems the watch is prefering wifi over BT and is killing the battery. The watch is always looking for a wifi with that feature turned off. Is there a better option yet? Is anyone else having this issue? The watch left charging overnight was hot to the touch in the morning beceause it was on wifi all night and not connecting via BT to the phone < 5 feet away. My wife is the one with the issue on her new samsung 42mm rose gold watch. I have a S3 Frontier and do not have any of these issues, and we are both on a Pixel2 so it cant be the phone. Her phone connects to her BT headphones and car bt with no issues as well. 

0 Likes
userBLCjWjSSpH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did this -went into galaxy watch app on my phone and then to watch connection-turned sync wifi profiles off and then went to watch itself and in settings turned wifi to "auto" and it is switching to wifi automatically when I walk into the office or house now. Bravo!

0 Likes
userx1fGI1nRCL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not sure why this is showing as Solved...

For what it’s worth, i bought the 46mm Galaxy watch (here in Australia) yesterday and have the same issues with WiFi disconnecting and just showing as “connecting”. I need to power reset the watch to get it to connect again. I am also currently connected using an iPhone 6 and do not have any options to delete sync profiles, so am unable to do any sort of workaround, not that we should have to. This seems to be a global issue, sort it out Samsung.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userx1fGI1nRCL Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

0 Likes
userx1fGI1nRCL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I understand that I'm not in the target market for this product, however thought I would add my voice to the issue that this post about because -

a) there is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed

b) given that Samsung is a global brand and this problem seems to be happening in at least two other coutries than the US, for anyone trying to troubleshoot this issue within Samsung, this may be relevant information.

0 Likes
FatalSon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree. Samsung products are sold worldwide.
Why is support for non-US products "very limited"?

And some issues (like this one?) are not unique to US models. So please give some usefull support instead of giving a default answer.
0 Likes
user5SqQUR2heg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It happens to me for Galaxy Watch 46mm.

0 Likes