JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch won't automatically switch to WiFi all the time

(Topic created: 09-07-2018 06:13 AM)
Cormaster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't get why exactly but when i go from bluetooth to WiFi like when my phone is charging and I'm still wearing my watch, it usually will just notify me I'm in standalone mode and won't switch until i go into settings and tell it to connect to my wifi network.  My former Android Wear watch did this seemlessly without me noticing but this watch i often lose my notifications when I'm trying to top my phone off and I'm still wearing the watch around the house . Going in and out of bluetooth range basically makes the feature worthless. When it does automaticly switch it's usually after 10 minutes of being on standalone mode. So what gives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
91 Replies
user21eWOaXXOu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks! That really works for me. I was struggling with that issue.
0 Likes
userhWhH9omiml
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

When you factory reset, you wipe out the saved wifi profile for that particular wifi connection (and all other wifi profiles), which is what happens in your step #2 to make your "fix" effective. BUT there should be no need to do an entire factory reset just to wipe out that saved wifi profile; all you needed to do in that step #2 was to "Forget" that particular wifi connection.

0 Likes
userSh8p8NOQsx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wow that actually worked!! Thanks so much for the info!!

0 Likes
DuskyReaper
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is the option to disable sync wifi profiles gone?

I have upgraded to Android 10 on my OnePlus 6T. After that I apparently had to reset the watch. But now I cant seem to find the option to disable sync of wifi profiles in the Galaxy Wearable app, so the watch can connect properly to my wifi networks.

0 Likes
userYEGXIb2Vw4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This worked, thanks! This wifi issue was very annoying, would never connect properly. Thanks for the help! 

0 Likes
userfzqElfjSuI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

"SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH ACTIVE" DISCONNECTS FROM WI FI

This method seems to work for my problem

Thanks

0 Likes
beleebala
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is hopeless.
1. I can only see the 2.4G wifi AP, not the 5G AP at home or at work. I thought that the watch support 5G wifi.
2. I can connect to 2.4G wifi. However, after flight mode, it cannot reconnect wifi. The only solution is that I need to forget the wifi connection and reconnect wifi again by inputting the wifi password.... every single time after flight mode!!

Quinners1975
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have another solution that appears to have worked, albeit a bit randomn!  My Galaxy Watch (46mm) had particular trouble remotely connecting to my Samsung Galaxy S9 mobile, but only on my home WiFi network.  Tried all the other suggestions offered on the Members forum but none worked, at least not consistently.  Screen_20191003_201753.pngI manually added the WiFi network and set the IP to 'static' using an address that appeared on the watch screen in the text area (in my case this was '192.168.1.128' but this will differ depending on your wirless settings).  Since then it has worked a treat and connects remotley every time. @bleebala

0 Likes
Quinners1975
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have another solution that appears to have worked, albeit a bit randomn!  My Galaxy Watch (46mm) had particular trouble remotely connecting to my Samsung Galaxy S9 mobile, but only on my home WiFi network.  Tried all the other suggestions offered on the Members forum but none worked, at least not consistently.  I manually added the WiFi network and set the IP to 'static' using an address that appeared on the watch screen in the text area (in my case this was '192.168.xxx.xxx' but this will differ depending on your wirless settings).  Since then it has worked a treat and connects remotley every time. Screen_20191003_201753.png

0 Likes
userDqCCE04T9r
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a similar problem, and not only I but friends who own a Galaxy 10 as well, and it is very, very annoying. The moment I leave my home, or other place where I am connected to WiFi, and the WiFi connection is lost, Android 10 (or the Galaxy 10+) is unable to reconnect to mobile data. All apps are losing their connectivity and the up-arrow next to the connection bars is lightened all the time.

The only way is to a) reboot my phone (works only temporay, have to reboot multiplr times as the problems returns) or play with swithcing on/off/on/off Airplane mode. I would have hoped that Samsung would have a fix by now. BTW is started to happen after my Android 10 upgrade.  I am driven crazy by this "feature" almost to the fact that I will buy another brand and eave Samsung all togther

0 Likes