JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Maps in the watch 4 unlocks the phone and keeps it opened

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 03:29 PM)
Checondres
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

One of the reasons I have this watch is to be able to store the phone in the bag and use the watch to see the maps as I walk/run, I notice that every time I start navigation it forces the phone to unlock, open the google maps and keeps it open, even if it is inside the bag or pocket, this is nonsense.

It discharges the phone by using the app, keeping the screen open and 100% bright and overheating.

I understand the app has to be running on the phone, but it does not necessarily need to be shown on the phone if it's locked. 

How to fix this? if there's no way, this is nonsense.

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand how frustrating this is. Regretfully, I was able to confirm on my watch that there is not an option within the app to change this function. I will tag this on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.