JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hardware bezel not working

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 06:41 PM)
user8eZxFNN0HA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Galaxy watch 4 Hardware bezel not working after update. Is there a way to get it working again?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your Bezel not working after the update. As you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps available, I would recommend a service repair.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
My GW4 processed the update without incident. Sometimes these things happen.

You could try a soft reset of the watch using its paired phone: wearable app/watch settings/general/reset.

Alternatively, you could go with a hard reset, which involves simultaneous manipulation of the two watch buttons. Please search this in YouTube as there are many videos depicting the process. (Pictures often do a better job than words.)

Whatever you do, please make sure your watch is backed up. Good luck, and hopefully this solves the problem.
user8eZxFNN0HA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Tried the reset options and the on/off toggle. Nothing works. It was working properly before the update, and I know it's a software issue because many users have complained about the same problem.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'd recommend contacting Samsung Support. Is your watch the BT model or the LTE variant? This sounds like more of a software problem than a hardware problem. Did last summer's One UI5 update go well for you and did you participate in the beta?
0 Likes
user8eZxFNN0HA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's the lte. I did not do the beta. One ui is 5.0. wear os is 4.0 and system is 13
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would check the Wearable app to make sure it is up to date. That is bizarre. The Wearable app manages the watch functions.

Try this: with the watch display on, put your finger against the inside of the bezel and on the screen. Move it around the screen to see if the motion emulates the screen response of a non-classic screen without a bezel. The bezel is a rotating magnetic structure. Your finger motion invokes a capacitive response. Try the same thing with a small, strong magnet. It should have a similar effect on the screen resembling the motion of the turning bezel. Contact Samsung Support directly with your findings. If it works with your finger and not the magnet, you may have lost your magnetic sensor in the update. If it works with your finger, at least you will know that you can still swipe left and right and do essentially what you could with the bezel alone.
0 Likes
user8eZxFNN0HA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I can still swipe left and right no problem it's just turning the bezel has no effect. It was working just fine before I updated.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did the magnet have any effect on the screen? I tried a magnet on my GW4 classic screen, and it would swipe left and right like the magnetic bezel, and like the capacitive effect of my finger. If your finger works and the magnet does not, the problem MAY lie with a non-functional magnetic sensor having been disabled by the software update. Samsung Support may be able to help.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just read a posting that deals with GW6 battery drain and screen freezing after the recent update. The same update was repackaged and pushed to prior GW users (4 and 5). I think that your problem with the bezel might be more than just coincidental. Again, I would urge you to contact Samsung Support. The problems for Watch6 did not affect all Watch6 users. The problem with your bezel did not affect all GW4 classic users (I know, I use one). Common to both though, a recent software update. I don't believe in coincidences. You should not either.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your Bezel not working after the update. As you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps available, I would recommend a service repair.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes