JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Has anyone figured out how to charge the Samsung Watch 5 yet?

(Topic created: 08-24-2022 06:37 PM)
userrkpXPIXsyW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok, I just got the samsung watch 5.  They sent me a charging base flat thingy.  I guess the left side is to charge your phone and the right side is to charge the watch.  Well, it doesn't charge my phone because of the case.  (Works with case off.)   With the watch, lying it face down, it doesn't charge.  The band they provided with the watch is stiff and curved so it wont lie flat on the charger face up.  If I take the band completely off the watch and set it on the charger, it charges.  So, the band doesn't work with the charger.

I tried using my old samsung watch charger and it would show solid red for a minute or two and show it's charging, but then it would start blinking and stop charging.  

Tried replacing it with my old samsung watch band that would lie flat, but it didn't fit.  It was too wide.

Just spoke to Samsung support too... they're not sure how to charge it.  They had to send my case up to L2 support.  Waiting on an email back.

How can they not test if the watch can be charged before designing it, testing it, marketing it and selling it?

I don't mind buying another accessory to charge it if needed.  Just need to know what will charge it.

9 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sorry to say if you cant get the Wireless charging pad to charge your watch with the Band on it I would suggest using the included charger that came with the watch its a round puck that is USB cWRBLS_GWA2_Chargers-for-your-Samsung-smart-watch.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
userrkpXPIXsyW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok, forget it.  I didn't even notice that in the packaging.  I wasn't even looking for it.  I was assuming the charger they sent had a purpose for the watch and the charger I was supposed to use.  I'm set.  Thanks

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Its ok it can be kinda small 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
Bbob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not sure if the round charger is as fast as the wireless. Plus why VC send us as a gift a half useless charger
Landon_Jones
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch 5 charges on the pad just fine band and all
0 Likes
Tel864
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
It must not be the base band that comes on it because on my 5 Pro the only way the watch touches the pad is by holding it down.
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you open everything in the watch box? There is a watch charger.
0 Likes
userFAJPWhAeXg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Forget the wireless charger, just use the round magnet charger. I am on day 2 and have almost 80% battery left. Love this watch.
shojivic
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Agreed... I use the magnetic round charger from my Watch 4 classic Stainless. The increased battery capacity on this 5 Pro makes for a NOTICEABLE increase in use between charges, and now I LOVE using the Always On screen!