JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Heart rate wildly inaccurate after recent software update.

(Topic created: 02-16-2022 07:47 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 
US/Bluetooth 
Software ending in EAVA8

Is anyone else noticing an inaccurate resting HR reading after the recent update? It seems to be doubling my resting HR. I am a runner and my resting HR is typically between 45 and 60 BPM. Ever since the update, it's been going up to 100 to 120 BPM when I'm sitting still and I know for a fact that it isn't that high. I confirmed by taking my pulse manually. Oddly, my runs have been fine. And HR tracking has seemed normal.

I have noticed that if I take the watch completely off for 30 seconds or so and then put it bskc in, it will read regularly for several minutes but then it spikes back up. It also corrects itself if I toggle from continuous to manual reading and then back to continuous. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue after the update. 
15 Replies
useryyveiTRHwi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine was stable for about 4 hours on 15 Feb. Today it showed double all morning. Very frustrating.  Trying to log a call for this … but impossible from S A.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
I think I'm done with Samsung watches for a while. I have a Garmin Venu 2 Plus coming today. I'm going to see if I like it. This simply should not be happening.
0 Likes
usernepoa4c6aM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the exactly same problem after the update. And the exact same temporarily solutions!! I have the galaxy watch 4 44mm BT.

0 Likes
user_TJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've owned nearly every version of galaxy watch because I like the rotating bezel but the GW6 model will be my last and I've stopped using it due to the horrendous heart rate sensor inaccuracies. Pick your activity, walk...run...lift...stretch...weights...pushups...hike...sleep etc. it doesn't matter as the watch will be off (either too high or too low) by more than 20-40 bpm on average. 

If you're taking your health and fitness seriously I don't see how these devices can be helpful. Just my opinion 🤷 I've confirmed this with other devices, manual measurements etc. and many others have had similar experiences. I've done all the troubleshooting steps, software updates and as I said I've had the same issue since the GS Watch, GS2 etc. So I'm thick headed I guess. 

Switching to Pixel Watch 2 or Apple Watch, Garmin maybe...all have been proven to be more accurate. 

Samsung, do better or sell these for $99 new and stop marketing as fitness devices. They are step counters at best.✌️ 
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Every watch has slightly different performance on every individual based on a number of factors. I've found on Fitbit, hair can get in the way of the sensors for me. On my arms, Galaxy watch is spot on for me, but GPS is a little off. I have a Pixel Watch 2 and Garmin Fenix 7 Solar Saphire. Both of those are spot on as well but have different trade offs. Pixel watch 2 is very accurate but I don't like the size and battery life. Garmin is great but no ECG and it is bulky (unless you get the Pro model or Venu 3). Oddly enough I also got a CMF watch by Nothing which only costs $69, it has some of the best HR and SPO2 tracking I have seen for my wrists, lol. It doesn't sync with any app ecosystems, though, or I would wear it more.
user_TJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi! Thanks for your comment. I agree, it's all subjective. I've just never had any luck with Samsung watches.