JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How or can I transfer my watch faces I downloaded and bought on the Samsung store to the new watch?

(Topic created: 11-30-2022 09:54 AM)
uservLruySlpeB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just received my Watch 5 Pro, and I was previously using the Samsung Watch 3 Classic. How or can I transfer all my watch faces I downloaded and bought on the Samsung store to the new watch 5 pro?  I can't find anything online that will answer this question.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@uservLruySlpeB The Samsung GW 3 used the Tizen operating system (OS). All of your apps and watch faces were found through the Galaxy Store.

The GW 4, GW 5, and GW6 series use the Android Wear OS.  All of the apps and watch faces are found in the Android Play store. 

So you won't be able to directly use the watch faces from the Galaxy Store on the GW 5 Pro. Hopefully the developers of your favorite watch faces have converted them and made them available on the Play store. 

If the watch faces are from one of the watch face creation tools, they should be available in that app on your new GW 5 Pro. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@uservLruySlpeB The Samsung GW 3 used the Tizen operating system (OS). All of your apps and watch faces were found through the Galaxy Store.

The GW 4, GW 5, and GW6 series use the Android Wear OS.  All of the apps and watch faces are found in the Android Play store. 

So you won't be able to directly use the watch faces from the Galaxy Store on the GW 5 Pro. Hopefully the developers of your favorite watch faces have converted them and made them available on the Play store. 

If the watch faces are from one of the watch face creation tools, they should be available in that app on your new GW 5 Pro. 

uservLruySlpeB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks!
0 Likes