JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Sync Google Calendar from Work Profile to Samsung Galaxy Watch Active?

(Topic created: 10-26-2020 11:34 AM)
useru6NWtjjM4J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My work email recently forced the creation of a work profile on my Samsung S20 through the Android Device Policy and I no longer know how to sync my work Google Calendar to my Samsung Galaxy Watch Active to get notifications. Would anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

6 Replies
userYiDjabJhej
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

To my understanding part of the reason for this is that Samsung Calendar is not available on Google Store. I am seriously reconsidering keeping my Samsung Device and Galaxy watch due to this limitation. Unless they can make this work for Android Work Profile, it might be the final thing that drives me towards Apple. I've been using Samsung for a very long while now, so this is quite disappointing. 

0 Likes
userj0rcUSLgn4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is the intent.  Your company wants to separate their data from your own data.  It's a security measure that the company is implementing.  They don't want you having their possible sensitive data on something they can't control.

Imagine you owning a company that deals with sensitive data and you allow your employees to have that data on a device they can't control.  They would be able to leak sensitive information at anytime w/o the company knowing.  You could stand to loose millions on projects and lawsuits from data breaches.

This measure also helps to keep you from accidentally doing something that can get you fired and/or sued.

0 Likes
userYnox1VcQjJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

It is okay that copmanies wants to separate the data from work vs private, but then Samsung should follow and support this direction.

Why we cannot separate profile on the watch as well?

Why it is not allowed to sync work data (like email notification and/or calendar notifications) with Galaxy Watch.

I was buying the watch to be more efficient, so i do not need to check my phone to see the notifications - just a quick watch to my watch - 

, what i could feel on my hand if coming. Now it is not possible due to that working profile on my phone not works with the watch.

I am planning to sell my watch becuase now it ise useless.

@userj0rcUSLgn4 wrote:

This is the intent.  Your company wants to separate their data from your own data.  It's a security measure that the company is implementing.  They don't want you having their possible sensitive data on something they can't control.

Imagine you owning a company that deals with sensitive data and you allow your employees to have that data on a device they can't control.  They would be able to leak sensitive information at anytime w/o the company knowing.  You could stand to loose millions on projects and lawsuits from data breaches.

This measure also helps to keep you from accidentally doing something that can get you fired and/or sued.

@userj0rcUSLgn4 wrote:

@userj0rcUSLgn4 wrote:

0 Likes
Solution
userjVe6PgusJS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Here is my solution:

You can share your work profile account calendar with one of your personal account and then sync this shared calendar in the Samsung Calendar app (from your personal account), it will then sync with the watch.

Worked for me.

user7JvaH41eEw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This does not work because when you share a work profile with an account outside of the business profile the details of the appointments are not shared. 

0 Likes
darkstar7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This does NOT work for me.  The shared calendar appears in the phone, but ONLY my Google PERSONAL calendar appears in the watch itself.

How do I configure the watch to sync additional calendars with the phone?

0 Likes