JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to set up notifications for My Galaxy watch on the Galaxy Wearables app?

(Topic created: 04-27-2023 02:51 PM)
Jonathanpecany100
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Google Maps notifies me when my family member arrives at my workplace. This is highly important so I know when they are here to pick me up so I don't waste too much if their time.

So to make it easier I was going to turn the Google Maps notification on for my Galaxy Watch. However, Google Maps is not listed anywhere. I mean I looked through all the apps and even searched for it. Google Maps is not showing up. This is a big inconvenience to my work flow and ruins my time management.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of getting notifications on your Galaxy watch and I would be happy to assist you further. You can choose which apps send notifications to your watch and how much information is displayed on your screen. Once you customize your preferences, you’ll only see the reminders and messages that you want to. Give this link a try for steps to set up and manage the notification on your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061433/

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps and are still unable to get the notifications to populate on your watch, then the next step to be would be to reach out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864.  This will allow them to be able to remote into your device and provide you with further assistance

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Download Google Maps from the Play Store.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Gotta download it on the watch separately
0 Likes
Jonathanpecany100
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
How come I can turn on notifications for other apps such as messenger and Facebook without having to download it on my watch?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of getting notifications on your Galaxy watch and I would be happy to assist you further. You can choose which apps send notifications to your watch and how much information is displayed on your screen. Once you customize your preferences, you’ll only see the reminders and messages that you want to. Give this link a try for steps to set up and manage the notification on your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061433/

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps and are still unable to get the notifications to populate on your watch, then the next step to be would be to reach out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864.  This will allow them to be able to remote into your device and provide you with further assistance

0 Likes