Original topic:

(Topic created: Wednesday)
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not sure if right forum. I transitioned from Samsung message to Google message. All messages transferred over. But when I looked the following day one contact message thread disappeared. Tried removing and reinstalled the app but still missing that thread. Is there another way to get prior thread over to Google message. Have a lot of history with this one
7 Replies
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is the person's information in Google Contacts (blue icon), or are they only in Samsung Contacts (orange icon)? Just a thought...
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung
0 Likes
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung, all the ones that came through are on samsung. May have inadvertently deleted. They say once done it cannot be recovered
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's the one thing I miss about Samsung messages, the Trash. With Google messages you have to be really careful to not delete an entire thread. Best you can do if you want to clean things up is archive a thread. If you just want to delete a text, long press it to select and delete just that one. Once gone, it's gone even if by mistake. SMS and MMS messages are backed up to Google account, not sure about RCS. And haven't tried to restore what I've deleted from the backup. If it's still out there and not overwritten by a later backup.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Reopen Samsung messages and see if that thread is in the trash.
0 Likes
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not in the trash
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is it still in Samsung messages? Although everything should be exactly the same, as the message apps are just shells to contain the messages and whats in one is in the other, so you can switch back and forth between apps at any time. If you made the switch after last night's backup, you might still be able to recover it by testoring your backup.
0 Likes