JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 10-07-2018 12:28 AM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

189 Replies
userDgjP2FpCj7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi guys,

I was having the same issues, but using a iPhone 8. My solution was shutting off the "Do not Disturb". Now set to off and the watch is waking up as I turn my wrist again. Ya.....!

I had the do not disturb on because sometimes the watch would start talking.....

0 Likes
userR1uciiLpj0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please make sure that the Goodnight mode is not set.

in Goodnight Mode, AOD/Wristup gesture/Notification is off.

If there is a moon-shaped icon at 12 o'clock on the clock screen, it is Goodnight mode.

userS5vNoPQbsN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem here... Wake UP gesture on, night mode off. Still doesn't work.

Samsung, I hope you're working on a quick fix... How can you sell something with such a bug...?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

I am having multiple issues with my watch. I already returned 2 Galaxy Watches, because of failing to register steps, not counting steps. My watch alsi doesnt ways respond to the movement and etc. So I decided to test the sensors on my 3rd watch which also doesn't count steps correctly and etc . The way you can do it is if you go to your PHONE DÄ°ALER  on your watch you can enter *#0*# this will bring you to a screen where you can select sensors then scroll down to gyroscope and click on SELF. This should self test your sensor.  I tested it before and usually PASSED but I tried testing several times and it would PASS and then FAÄ°L! So you might need to test it several times. The fact that its FAILING  and PASSÄ°NG might explain why some of the watches issues are intermittent.

The moral of the story.... This might not be a software issue!! This is a manufacturing and quality control issue!

Beeeerock
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The *#0*# test is interesting.  I was noting very little sensitivity to stairs so did a gyro self test using this access.  It failed on all rows and then appeared to lock up the watch.  I had to hard boot it to get it going again.  Seems a little concerning... has anyone else seen the self test lock up the watch?

0 Likes
uservv8g4thKr5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

it fails when you move it while testing and pass when you dont move a muscle while testing

0 Likes
user7G83mDnvm8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just setting night mode is off

0 Likes
user4niBML833y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was having a similar problem with my new 46mm Galaxy Watch. I solved my problem by doing the following:

• go to 'Setting'
  • scroll to 'Advanced'
  • then go to 'Goodnight mode'
  • and make sure you turn it to 'off'

I found out that 'Goodnight mode' overrules 'Always on' and 'Wake-up gesture'

I hope this helps. Good luck.

0 Likes
UnlikeLiam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi All

for all of you still having the issue and unwilling to do a full restore....

Just turn Goodnight mode off...

From the watch's Home screen, navigate to Settings. Swipe to and touch Advanced, and then swipe to and touch Goodnight mode. Touch the slider to turn it on, and then touch Done. Make sure to turn the mode off in the morning.

bipity bop all fixed.

I belive Goodnight mode should deactivate when you get up... the watch clearly didnt notice that happening so gets all confused.

Cheers

Liam

userzSpqS3956B
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
The post above helped me. I just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday and set "good night" mode on today. I noticed an hour ago that the wake up gesture didn't work, so I googled and found this thread. Saw the post above from 7 hours ago and tried it since I remembered I had turned "good night" mode on. I turned it off and the wake up gesture immediately started working.

Thanks!
0 Likes