JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 11-30-2018 07:09 AM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

189 Replies
tgfamily
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently took an upgrade install for my watch. The wake up gesture was switched off after this.  There seems to be a lot of ways this can happen. For me theatre mode had been switched on which along with being quiet etc switches off wake up gesture. Settings, advanced, theatre mode off  switch wake up gesture mode back on for me.

0 Likes
user1fnd5toXwz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just noticed that my Good Night was not enable but my "Do Not Disturb" was. Upon turning that off my wake up gesture works perfectly fine.

0 Likes
userWHewcafyBH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just purchased a Samsung galaxy watch 42mm and I have same problem 

0 Likes
userao0TEkOLS6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why has Samsung not pushed out a fix for this via a firmware upgrade? It sounds like they are doing a poor job supporting their wearables. 

UnlikeLiam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

No patch to firmwear needed folks.....  just turn good night mode off.

I havent seen any detailed documentation as to the full functionality of Good Night Mode, so in regards to automatic turn off i cant say, it seems like a logical thing.

that being said, my Samsung Galaxy 46inch has not yet nailed my sleeping pattern, but this takes a month or two of machine learning and that may tie in to Good Night Mode.

if you wish to provide so feedback please send a message accross to the guys in the feedback team at the below link.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/email-technical-question/#

Hope this helped.

UnlikeLiam

0 Likes
AllanPen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The "Good night mode" for some reason is inadvertently turned on. I have to go into advanced mode and turn it off. Then wake up gesture will work for a while and stop. Sure enough "Good night mode" has been activated again and not by me. So whenever wake up stops working I now just go to settings and disable "Good night mode" again!

0 Likes
user6dx63HBNTy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

gotta love THE doubletalk .."  Go to here  " Like this is OUR personal job to learn every intricacy in the hardware. They KNOW that is NOT the problem , because they have asked this 40  times.  and it is NOT the "Theater setting" (another stupid feature. ) Funny how a $349 item has caused me a lot more headaches than my gargantuan PC.  So in case you do not get it. I HAVE THE SAME MODEL, LATEST UPDATE   RESET IT  TO DEFAULTS and NOTHING !

So so we start posting on SM the watch is kaka? 

0 Likes
userWHewcafyBH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just purchased samsung galaxy watch 42mm and I have same problem, will return it 

0 Likes
UnlikeLiam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I posted this in a previous post, it will fix your problem and save you the trip to the shop to return your shine watch.

Hi All

for all of you still having the issue and unwilling to do a full restore....

Just turn Goodnight mode off...

From the watch's Home screen, navigate to Settings. Swipe to and touch Advanced, and then swipe to and touch Goodnight mode. Touch the slider to turn it on, and then touch Done. Make sure to turn the mode off in the morning.

bipity bop all fixed.

I belive Goodnight mode should deactivate when you get up... the watch clearly didnt notice that happening so gets all confused.

Cheers

Liam

0 Likes
userakEkrglY5q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi Michelle,

I wear the gear on my right arm and it does not respond to the wake up gesture, changing it to my left arm and it works every time.

Is there anything that can be done to rectify this?

Regards,

matthew

0 Likes