JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 12-03-2018 12:46 PM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

189 Replies
User89898989
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userZNXWSD8Oyi Just to confirm, have you had a chance to try any of the suggestions throughout the thread? 

0 Likes
userZNXWSD8Oyi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes.  All of them and still same issue.  About to do a hard reset

userqBnb8PNqzu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same problem and I have done everything in this thread including a reset of the watch. The reset worked for a day or two and then yesterday it stopped working again. I went to raise my arm to get it to turn on and it wouldn't. I had to push a button or turn the bezel. I have Nighttime turned off, theatre-mode is off, DND is off. I even turned the arm raise feature off, restarted, turned it back on and restarted again and it still won't work. But if I reset it will work just fine for a little while. I'm not sure what is making it not work all of a sudden. Very frustrating as I work in the medical field and wear gloves and can't be touching my phone all the time. Having to life my wrist and have it turn on is a really wonderful feature. Oh, and the "Always On Clock" does not seem to be working either. Unless I'm choosing watch faces that don't have any.

ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a similar problem with my 42mm watch. Only happened twice so far, but turning it off and back on fixes the problem. 

I'm gonna guess this is a software bug they're going to have to chase. Gotta love new products. We're truly the beta testers...

Noticed an update available today "improving watch stability." Maybe this helps?

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Raythedestoyer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine did this for a couple days, and I accidentally fixed it by attempting to pair it with my work phone (samsung s8).This forced the watch to backup data and default itself: ready for new pairing. I didn't end up pairing to the s8 (work software prevents downloading WEAR app), and paired it back to my LG v35 thinQ. The watch downloads the backup off the server.  Everything has worked since I did that. 

0 Likes
userDUxntAdKml
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same problem. On my IPhone, using the Galaxy Watch App, I went to Settings, Advanced and turned on Wake-up gester and Bezel wake-up. The option that seems to kill the arm gesture is the Good Night Mode. When it is on, the wake-up gester will not work. 

userZcCocicSLc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

That was it! Thank you.

user78SCEEjTEx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for your suggestion, the problem was the Good night mode, now it's working correctly.
0 Likes
user5CWRIOkefa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi

I was about to return my Galaxy Watch tomorrow becouse the scream was not turning on when I move my wrist so when I read your comment right now I was able to fixed the problen.

Thank you.

0 Likes
GruuuvyGeek
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for the Goodnight mode hint, that did the trick.

0 Likes