JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 12-10-2018 02:40 AM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

189 Replies
user4niBML833y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was having a similar problem with my new 46mm Galaxy Watch. I solved my problem by doing the following:

• go to 'Setting'
  • scroll to 'Advanced'
  • then go to 'Goodnight mode'
  • and make sure you turn it to 'off'

I found out that 'Goodnight mode' overrules 'Always on' and 'Wake-up gesture'

I hope this helps. Good luck.

@useryJrXRbzNCA wrote:

Similar issue - wake up gesture not working nor is the always on feature working. Only way i can get the watch to wake up is to click a button or move the bezel.

Help please or this one gets returned!

0 Likes
userJrFWysuZPv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Check under advanced mode and check if goodnight mode is turned on. This setting is designed to prevent the screen from turning on and disturbing your sleep. Turn it off and voila!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Check to ensure 'gesture' feature is Turned On in the watch settings on both Watch AND the Galaxy Wearable app on phone. (Note 9)

0 Likes
userwlDRsKvmrG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have tried all the above mentioned suggestions with no luck. Night mode on or off does nothing. I have reset it also nothing. 

UnlikeLiam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi

Please double check Good Night Mode is off before returning your device because while going through the set up process you may have re-enabled it. (see steps below)

If you have reset the device and confirmed that Good Night Mode is indeed turned off, then this may be the rare occasion where there is actually a fault with the device. however i am but a humble samsung user so please dont take that as technical guidence.

From the watch's Home screen, navigate to Settings. Swipe to and touch Advanced, and then swipe to and touch Goodnight mode. Touch the slider to turn it on, and then touch Done.

Make sure to turn the mode off in the morning.

Many Thanks

UnlikeLiam

0 Likes
userUQusAkfxp9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is not a solution. I'm trying to wake through the many complaints but they're are no solutions. Turning it in and off isn't working for me.

0 Likes
Maneesh C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same Issue. Wake up gesture not working. I have to manually turn the bezel of push either of the buttons.

Model: SM-R770

Software: Tizen 3.0.0.2

Software version: R770XXU2CRH1

Already tried resetting and all wake sup gesture is switch on. I am unable to see theatre mode or night mode which could impact. 

kindly assit.

regards

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Where was your device purchased? What type of device are you using with your watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user25avpN5Ys9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

in Tizen 4.0.0.2 having Theatre mode on prevents wake up gesture working. this was my issue.

0 Likes
userp1RqL8O3JM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got the same issue.. Everything was check.. Night mode disable, flight disable, theater mode disable, wake up gesture enable.. Factory reset done, rebooting done.. IT DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.. Plan to sent back to Samsung service center