JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 04-20-2019 01:18 PM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

189 Replies
userJtVa3NVgJd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks guys. I had the same problems with wrist raise wake up & always on functions. It's the Good Night function on that disables it  All fixed Cheers 

0 Likes
Laska
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not sure if this helps, but my galaxy watch did not come alive by lifting my wrist either; I turned off "night mode" (half moon at 12 o'clock) and now the watch turns on every time. The night mode stays always on.
0 Likes
glebsam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had a clearly defined glitch: wake-up gesture didn't work in 70% times. It was fixed by switching the watch off and on. Will see how long it lasts...

0 Likes
glebsam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have reproduced the issue just now. I've launched the stopwatch application and immediatelly after that the gesture feature begin glitching. Stopping the stopwatch, cleaning recent apps did not helped. Only reboot did.

The same situation with SHealth application. Looks like I have to sacriface the battery life and enable Always On feature. 

0 Likes
userxcyPcOOnZz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi guys, just for your information I got my 46mm back from the Samsung assistance today, they've changed the internal main board for a new one (at least that's what they told me) and now my Watch is working again as new! If your watch still on warranty I recommend you to do the same, at least for me here in Brazil the process took only 24h.

0 Likes
AllanPen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, I'll consider that if it gets worse. It's working again now so the bug is sporadic in displaying itself. I would prefer it to not work at all than this way. Then I could do as you did and have it repaired under warranty.

@userxcyPcOOnZz wrote:

Hi guys, just for your information I got my 46mm back from the Samsung assistance today, they've changed the internal main board for a new one (at least that's what they told me) and now my Watch is working again as new! If your watch still on warranty I recommend you to do the same, at least for me here in Brazil the process took only 24h.

0 Likes
CiceroRiPi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do Not Disturb Mode also makes the wake-up feature not to work. It took me a while to figure that out too... 

BradGoneMad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This problem was driving me crazy. MY GW would work fine after reset for a couple days then the prob would return. I figured out it was do not disturb mode being sync'd from my phone. When would get to work I would turn on DND on for my phone and didn't realize it was turning it on for the watch also which disables lift to wake.  I disabled the DND sync I haven't had the prob since.

0 Likes
AllanPen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine has been working fine and I have DND on from 2100 to 0800. I also shut down my Samsung S9+ over night and put the watch on Power saving until I start the S9 the following morning. By doing this my watch battery life is good for four days.

0 Likes
AllanPen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch has ears. Shortly after my last post wakeup gesture stopped working. Also touch screen doesn't work and is turned on.

0 Likes