JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 08-27-2018 12:18 PM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

JUMP TO SOLUTION
189 Replies
user5TZZfzfRDw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

From the watch's Home screen, navigate to Settings. Swipe to and touch Advanced, and then swipe to and touch Goodnight mode. Touch the toggle switch to turn it on, and then touch Done. Make sure to turn off themode in the morning.

0 Likes
user4N3SLaDNEw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello...my watch just did an update and I've lost all my settings.   I can't seem to get the auto display to work when I turn the watch towards me.   Also it will not vibrate and light up when I get a message or call.  Please help!

0 Likes
userTCFHA3sgqd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had similar issues 

0 Likes
userWDPyyimXpF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got my watch almost 2 weeks ago. I paid almost 300.00 for a watch that won't wake up when I lift my arm, and I've gotta charge it every two days. I haven't done anything with it.  I've got 50 dollar smart watch, that's working better than this one, and the battery last longer.  I'm really disappointed in this 46mm watch.  I have a Samsung phone, tablet, and television. I thought since I love the other things I have, that this watch be a no brainer. I'm really close to returning it, and just using my cheap one. 

0 Likes
userCjF85DvAJW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

switch the watch off and then on again

0 Likes
userTkFhxwfuet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try disabling"do not disturb" mode

userLBohd95OhM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Make sure, that your "Theatre mode" and "good night mode" is off. Go to "galaxy wearable" app in your phone. Then click on settings. Go in advanced settings and then turn off "Theatre mode" and "good night mode". After that your "wake up gesture should be ON. Now your wake up gesture in galaxy watch will work. Ok.

0 Likes
userhkpehRFVTk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks. All ok now 

0 Likes
qsg2547
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Seems same as Galaxy S3.

22 pages since April 2018...   

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/wearabletech/page/22/thread-...

Nothing...

Very dissapointed.      

Mine: Gyro and Heart Rate not working. Purchase it on May 2018.  

Add Tag...

userYIEhsJQYCm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Make sure night time mode is "OFF". I turned mine in then the wake up would not work. I read this forum and figured the night time mode was the issue. Best of luck.

0 Likes