JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 08-27-2018 12:18 PM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

JUMP TO SOLUTION
189 Replies
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes. Wake-up Gesture says "On"

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userkBFDq3UShG: Do you have it set to wake up by lifting your wrist? 

0 Likes
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is my first Samsung wtach. I assumed Wake-Up Gesture was the wake up by raising your wrist. From what I read that is the setting.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userkBFDq3UShG: The setting can be changed. Try turning wake up Gesture off then back on, after you have done that restart your device. 

0 Likes
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Restarting the watch fixed it. I'll keep an eye on it to see if this turns into a reoccuring problem or not.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Awesome!

userZNXWSD8Oyi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not working for me either,  Tried everything in here.  Still does not work

0 Likes
userHLKbL9HK8T
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same issue with no luck taking the steps identified above. The only way I can get the watch to come on is by rotating the bezel or hitting a button. This is a problem.

0 Likes
useruZSF4UlcIG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Weiridly enough my wake up gesture isnt working but now if I tap my watch screen it wakes up. Never used to do that before... I'm thinking some kindve firmware upgrade has taken place...

0 Likes
user43njWySs9i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I wish mine would wake up the way you posted; tapping on it. It seems to be very intermittent and frustrating. 

0 Likes