JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 08-27-2018 12:18 PM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

JUMP TO SOLUTION
189 Replies
Tobiasz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same problem with Galaxy Watch 42mm. Wake up gesture has been working fine for the first 2 days of the device usage. Today it stopped working suddenly. Setting "wake up gesture" on/off in the settings didn't help. However, restarting devices (Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Samsung Galaxy Watch) helped. The wake up gesture is working perfect and smooth now.

0 Likes
user2UyBwATPVZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem here, hopefully Samsung product team is paying attention as this could obviously be fixed with an OTA software update.  If it isn't soon, I will have to return the watch before I dislocate my shoulder trying to raise my wrist rapidly!

0 Likes
userj8bBjKUcNh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It has been 3 days since I have done a Factory Restore on my 46mm Galaxy Watch.  So far Wrist-up Gesture is waking the phone as expected.

Something else I did not notice previously, I was not receiving most of my notices prior to the restore. The restore and resync to my Note 8 seemed to have been the solution.

userYAzMicICr4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem here, was getting very frustrated as there seems to be no word from Samsung on this issue given so many people are experiencing it.

Fixed it (for now) by just doing a backup immediately followed by a restore in the galaxy wearables app - no need to wipe or resync the watch. Working ok again now.

userm2V3h5BK8X
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
maybe you have do not disturb on
0 Likes
TraceyT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the 42mm watch (rose gold) & the wake-up gesture was working yesterday but now it's not working. 

0 Likes
user4XNtOPHCSI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My 42mm stopped waking up after changing the watch face. I had altered the face to one of the other in built faces (Not a downloaded one). I went back to the original face and restarted the watch and it works fine again. Slightest movement and it wakes up.

0 Likes
userm2V3h5BK8X
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
i just figured out! if you had do not disturb on, it wont wake up
0 Likes
userm2V3h5BK8X
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
try turning off your do not disturb, it might help