JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 09-26-2018 07:59 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
ITDad92
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung any update? Its been weeks.
0 Likes
userKMyus215EI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok guys, start submitting questions and logs thru the Galaxy Wear app.  After 5 questions I finally got back this answer.

Please not that in order for us to sent this case to the department in charge we need the log files from the phone and gear.

You can find a guide below on how to extract the log file from the phone:

Change ‘Debug mode’ on the mobile device to high or mid

1. Check ‘Debug Level’ on the mobile device to be ‘Enabled’ and set on ‘high’ or ‘mid’:
i. Access the dialing screen on the mobile device
ii. Dial *#9900#
iii. For the “Debug level” > select ‘High’ (if ‘High’ doesn’t exist, select ‘Mid’)
iv. The mobile device reboots automatically

2. Repeat the steps that lead to the situation described > when error occurs again, generate the log

3. How to generate the log:
i. Access the dialing screen on the mobile device
ii. Dial *#9900#
iii. Tap “Run dumpstate/logcat/modem log”
iv. Wait for process to finish and check log file name and save location
v. Select “Copy to SD card (include CP Ramdump)”

4. How to get the log file from device:
i. Access “My Files” (from the device’s home screen or in the grouped icon Samsung / Tools) > tap on “All files” folder > tap on “log” subfolder
ii. Select log files, archive them and send them back to us as attachment to your request for assistance

OR

i. Connect the mobile device with the PC via USB cable
ii. Browse / search for the “log” folder on the phone using File Explorer ? copy the folder to the P.C > archive it and send it back to us as attachment to your request for assistance.

In order to extract the log files from Gear Fit follow the next steps:

1. On the Gear, pres the "Home Key" and go on the "Settings" section > Gear info > About device > Device information > and tap 6 times on the "Serial number" section.
2. in the new screen that shows up please input the following code: *#9900#
3. tap on "Run LOG_DUMP" and wait for the data to be generated and tap on the "Ok" button
4. then go to "Send LOG_DUMP" and wait for the data to be sent to the phone your Gear Fit 2 is paired with.

In order to extract the log files from a Gear 2/3 follow the next steps:

1.Enter *#9900# on Dialer on Gear
2.Run LOG_DUMP
3.Dumped log files can be sent to paired mobile device
4.Select ‘Extract LOG_DUMP’
5.You can see ‘Extract Log_Dump Success’ after sending dump (ex> Galaxy S6\Phone\Pictures\Gear)

I had to zip the logs to attach them all.

0 Likes
userjnlqnugJol
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok so here is my story. Bought a new Samsung Galaxy watch on 08/28/18, the step counter is reliable only during a workout, most "here and there" steps do not count. Step counter never counts when climbing my home or work stairs daily with Altimeter on all the time or not. I turned all of the auto settings off, not just the few they recommended,  no change. When calling Samsung support their answer for the watch I bought from T-Mobile was to contact them. Well they replaced the watch free of charge.  Props to them but the 2nd new device is the same. 

Both Samsung support chat and phone says they have no idea there is a problem and there is no software or hardware issue. This means 1 of 2 things (1) they are lying to their customers or (2) there a lot of defective pieces of hardware out there

If you ask them to provide you a replacement that works they either hang up on you or stop replying if on a chat.

If this is not a known software issue I want a device that works, unless this is a known hardware issue. provide a name, phone number and email address of someone that can provide a device that works since this is not a known issue.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can try writing the office of Samsung's CEO. 

Here is the link to his email.

https://www.samsung.com/us/aboutsamsung/company/executives/us-executive-team/

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my watch directly from Samsung.  Mine didn't work either even though it was on my left hand and my phone in my left pocket. I sent it back yesterday for service ROFL Chat had no clue. Husband is a service tech so I'm letting him deal with it. I haven't even made my first payment on this. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

We would love to know the result. Thank you for posting here.

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Will keep in touch

0 Likes
usercDhwNXLgu2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine pretty much stopped working properly 2 weeks ago. It barely lasts 4 days. Most apps you have to pay for. Bixby does not work at all. The alarm doesn't work, sleep, steps, it's unresponsive, apparently there is no serial number. At the moment its like a £300 casio. Oh, the charger doesnt fast charge. I may get a refund on Tuesday. Very disapointed. 

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
New motherboard, new motion sensor, updated software. Off 15% per mile vs S2 Gear and Note 9. I've walked 4-5 miles per day for 40 months. This isn't acceptable.
0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I certainly understand, can you also provide the following:

Samsung Watch Info:

Model Code (Full):  

Baseband Version:  

Partnered Handset Info: (What type of phone the watch is connected to.)

Brand: 

Model Number: 

Android Version: (iOS Version where applicable)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes