JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 12-03-2018 12:51 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
usere9iAdHGWu1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@DaveyJones wrote:

The new 46mm Galaxy Watch I bought today just updated to that. However, despite having it on all day, I see "0 steps" when I check. It literally thinks I haven't taken a single step now... this is so frustrating.

If step counting and fitness tracking are important to you send it back and wait for a solution, if ever, or get a different watch

0 Likes
userv9ZmZtHopv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This does nothing and three months later still no fix. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I like many will be returning mine and when the phone contract is up i shall go back to iphone.

userHfazpP4uj2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

How do you save the settings. I turn elleptical off but there is no way to save the setting. It just turns back on again.

useriaxOxgXrQl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Doesn't work.  Very disappointing.  Need urgent fix for steps or I'll be returning for a refund

0 Likes
user1g4QKtGACV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agreed! I've notice the steps were off. Today I did a half and used an app and the watch. The watch was so far off it was dissapointing. 

0 Likes
userienchfMjx4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did not work. What else can we try before I return it?

0 Likes
userl86PBwdrIA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

just return while you can. There is no fix at all unless SW update will be provided. Latest update does not fix it.

It is SW issue that affect ALL(100%) of watches. There is no workarounds, there is not hardware fixes. So DO NOT exachange, do not send for repair. it WILL NOT help.

PS but you can call Samsung and complain, hopefully they will fix it! or just never buy anything from them 🙂

Options
Galaxy Watch

Does anyone know if the Samsung gear sport has the same issues with counting steps and sleep tracking?

0 Likes
Slevin_
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

No gear sport, gear fit and gear fit2 pro works perfectly.

That’s why this situation is so ridiculous for samsung!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Slevin_ wrote:

No gear sport, gear fit and gear fit2 pro works perfectly.

That’s why this situation is so ridiculous for samsung!

Thanks for your reply. That's so stupid. Technology is supposed to move forwards not backwards!! Do you know if the gear is as accurate as the fitbit and counts after 5 steps rather than 20 steps like the galaxy did? I've already returned my galaxy watch to ee. But saw the gear sport in the flesh the other day and loved that it looked just like the galaxy. I love the circle watch face with the rotating bezel. Currently have the fitbit ionic but hate the square sporty look. The gear sport looks like formal too not just for fitness 

0 Likes