cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This answer is unacceptable!!! That's it! I am looking into a false advertising suit. Because if I am walking around the house all day and barely get 170 steps this is unacceptable! The watch was $350!!! How can Samsung even give such an answer!?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm so happy I sent mine back. I have been telling everyone how rubbish it is so hopefully no one else gets ripped off. Just because they are small steps, or fewer than 15 steps, the galaxy watch shouldn't just disregard them. We've still walked those steps. Therefore, Samsung are admitting that their galaxy watch is giving inaccurate readings. So what's the point in the watch if it doesn't count all steps? This is nothing but a smart watch.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Resolved when? What's the ETA for the update? Since there seems to be some sense as to the cause of the problem, there should be some update on the update (pun intended).

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the first real answer I got from Samsung. What specific software version is it? How can I check if my watch does not have a hardware issue?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, even the brand new flagship watch has this issue, bit embarrassing...

BTW, myself and many others have the Frontier edition and have suffered with this issue since a Tizen 'upgrade' a few weeks back, all I keep hearing is it will be fixed in a software update, I have pretty much given up. None of the frankly ludicrous temporary  fixes suggested by the mod in here work, I have heard of many having to return their watch for a new board because of this issue so don't hold your breath expecting a software update to fix this.

Of course, I'll be happy if I'm wrong...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally returned mine and they said it was a faulty board?  I hope it fixes it.  Ill keep you informed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What the f Samsung my brand new watch padomeater is not working wdf is this. I want my money back..

I updated my Galaxy watch also. But problem is not solved

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Try to send it back for a full refund before it's too late
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here...my Fitbit registered over 20000 steps yesterday with at least 15,000 accrued during a 1.5 hour elliptical session. My Galaxy watch ultimately reached 9000 steps. My Hauwei watch consistently finished the day within 500 to 1000 steps of my Fitbit.

From my standpoint, there has been an undocumented "two steps forward and one step back" feature on the Galaxy watch. 

If I wasn't such a fitness geek with a Fitbit on the right wrist and Galaxy watch on the left, I would be compelled to return the Galaxy watch in exchange for more accurate readings. I'm putting a lot of trust in Samsung to come through because I love everything else about the watch and if it could approximate my Gear S2 readings I'd be ecstatic. 

Trying to play around with the suggested settings now...