cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you save the settings. I turn elleptical off but there is no way to save the setting. It just turns back on again.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doesn't work.  Very disappointing.  Need urgent fix for steps or I'll be returning for a refund

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed! I've notice the steps were off. Today I did a half and used an app and the watch. The watch was so far off it was dissapointing. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did not work. What else can we try before I return it?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just return while you can. There is no fix at all unless SW update will be provided. Latest update does not fix it.

It is SW issue that affect ALL(100%) of watches. There is no workarounds, there is not hardware fixes. So DO NOT exachange, do not send for repair. it WILL NOT help.

PS but you can call Samsung and complain, hopefully they will fix it! or just never buy anything from them Smiley Happy

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know if the Samsung gear sport has the same issues with counting steps and sleep tracking?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No gear sport, gear fit and gear fit2 pro works perfectly.

That’s why this situation is so ridiculous for samsung!

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Slevin_ wrote:

No gear sport, gear fit and gear fit2 pro works perfectly.

That’s why this situation is so ridiculous for samsung!

Thanks for your reply. That's so stupid. Technology is supposed to move forwards not backwards!! Do you know if the gear is as accurate as the fitbit and counts after 5 steps rather than 20 steps like the galaxy did? I've already returned my galaxy watch to ee. But saw the gear sport in the flesh the other day and loved that it looked just like the galaxy. I love the circle watch face with the rotating bezel. Currently have the fitbit ionic but hate the square sporty look. The gear sport looks like formal too not just for fitness 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gear fit 2 have some issues too. Comparing with samsung smartphones they showing less steps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't expect a fix for this.  Here's their answer.

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We kindly inform you that we have received an answer from the department in charge of the Samsung Gear.

When you are watching the galaxy watch's screen while walking, the steps might not be recognized all if the you didn't walk continously (For example, 10 step, rest or stop, 20 steps, rest or stop, 30 steps, rest or stop -> you could think that it's 60 steps)

The Galaxy Watch requests to walk more than 15 steps to recognize it.
It is the condition of initial continous steps.

The gear device(galaxy watch) and the mobile phone use different algorithm to detect steps. Because wearable pedometer is carried on the user's wrist.

If there is no condition of initial continous steps, Wearable pedometer can report many false steps from unexpected various hand or arm motion.

Wearable pedometer has various advanced false step rejection filters.

But it couldn't recognize the small steps.

So the mobile phone's counted steps and the gear device(galaxy watch)'s counted steps couldn't be same thing.

If you encounter any other unexpected situation and have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and our support team will assist you with all the necessary information.

Also, if you visit the Content & Services Customer Support Website, http://help.content.samsung.com, you will be able to find all Samsung Content and Services we support in your country.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.