cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duc7789
Astronaut

Re: New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow so many issues on different topics too, but this pedometer and the HR issue has me seriously rethinking purchasing this watch. I just had my Fitbit Ionic die in a mear 16 months but it worked pretty good and was accurate as far as I could tell on distance, steps and HR. But they won't stand behind their product so I was almost putting down my creditcard for this one! Sounds like the situation is almost worse here.

Is there anyone on the forums reading these issues that actually is happy with their Samsung GW or even satisfied? The Youtube reviews are good but I wonder if that is because Samsung would stop sending  them products if they did bad reviews?

Not sure what to do here opinions welcome, Samsung any comments?

userWxp9X0AoKi
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If accurate step count and HR are important to you, then ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BUY this watch! I've had 2 S3 Frontiers and a Galaxy Watch, and they all miss about 20 percent of my steps over the course of a day. HR is hit and miss. The floor counter is the worst sensor of them all. I live at altitude, so I've always assumed it had something to do with that, but I'm up and down 2 flights of stairs all day long, and none of these watches ever registered more than 1 flight of stairs climbed in a day and much more often it was 0 flights. I'm fairly confident that all of this could be fixed in software, but despite thousand of people complaining about all of these things on their own forum, Samsung refuses to even acknowledge that there is a problem. I've learned my lesson. I will never buy another Samsung wearable. Now I'm just trying to save as many other people from wasting their money as I can.

userZc9dDqkh0G
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is so unfortunate.  Such a beautiful watch but I brought it for the fitness features and they don’t work.  Step count is not working.  I will be returning it this evening.

The YouTube fix is the most hilarious thing ever!  The best way to get the watch to work...is to not look at the step count!!!  It’s so ‘The Emperor’s New Watch’!

Fitbit makes terrible products too, unfortunately.  I brought a Versa and it stopped working about two weeks afterward.  I emailed back and forth with their customer service for two weeks with none of their suggestions working, after which time I requested a refund.  They refused.  I’ll never buy another Fitbit again.

Garmins monitor steps and heart rate very accurately but the design of their middle price range watches is lacking.  Horrible displays and available watch faces.  The screen didn’t activate reliably on wrist turns and the watch face was either a purple color or unreadably dim.

I’ll be using my old Apple Watch until the Google Watch comes out later this year.

userYjYXfx73Ew
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my watch a couple months ago, but the steps aren't count correctly. I measured the steps and the app counted 100 steps in 30 seconds. Someone with a solution?