Original topic:

No X (Twitter) notifications

(Topic created: 07-30-2024 11:27 AM)
GreatDaen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic specifically to notify me of my X notifications. The notification shows up on the watch, but it doesn't beep nor vibrate.
The phone that the watch is paired with is a Samsung Ultra 24. The "X" symbol shows up on the lock screen and as a notification, but I have to look. It doesn't notify me with a vibration/beep like the other apps on my phone.
In summary, I would like both vibration and audible notifications when there is a Twitter post on my watch (& phone).

0 Likes
8 Replies
Ziahh
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
You might have to look into the settings on the watch or the app wearable, make sure all apps are switched on to give you notifications cause sometimes on default it doesnt give you all the notifications i think to save space or batter or whatver, it it not making noise you gotta play with the sounds and vibrate,

im sorry i keep reediting, but i keep getting messages about me spamming šŸ˜’šŸ˜’1722364405517_1722364405511_0.jpg1722364500649_1722364500640_0.jpg
GreatDaen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
OK. It's worth a shot! Thanks!
0 Likes
Ziahh
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
So it's funny. I was just looking for this posting, I just got a notification from X about 2 mins ago, and it's slient as well... so it's not just you. I thought it vibrated, and it really doesn't, which is weird to me
GreatDaen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Still no luck. My phone & watch go off for every other apps, but not X
0 Likes
GreatDaen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Good idea, but...
I went to the Samsung store in Frisco, TX and they checked all the settings.
This Members app I just downloaded, it notified me of your response with a vibrates and a chime.
I even got an old Samsung Note 5 phone that i use as a dummy and set up my X account. It chimes and vibrates.
It's almost as if there's some internal logic that prevents X notifications on newer phones.
0 Likes
useryCn906Cwxx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue with GMail and Signal.  Did they actually do any testing before releasing these devices?

userpvse8N3cQZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello!  X/Twitter vibrations for notifications stopped on my Galaxy watches years ago.  I reached out for awhile about this hoping for a fix but still to this day do not receive a vibration on my watch for any X/Twitter notifications.  That is the only app I do not receive a vibration alert for, not sure why!

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand wanting to have your watch notify you for you apps, and it not remain silent. As you are experiencing these symptoms only with Twitter and X give these steps a try:

*Hold down Twitter app, hit the 'i' with the circle around it in top right corner.

*Tap "Notifications"

*Tap "Notifications Categories" should be last option at bottom

*Tap on the words "Tweets from people you follow" not the blue toggle button also should be last option at bottom

*Tap "Vibrate" toggle button to turn on

0 Likes