Original topic:

One UI 6 Watch Beta 1 Rolling Out with Galaxy AI

(Topic created: 07-17-2024 12:06 PM)
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

At the moment the Watch 6 Beta is only for Watch 6 Classic and Watch 6 Bluetooth only models and may be extended to LTE and Watch 5 models at a later date.  Please keep a eye on the top of the Members app for future details of availability to join the Beta.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

156 Replies
Snoring Bear
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the Galaxy 6 Classic with BT/Wifi/GPS 47.  SM-R960NZKAXAA.

I talked via chat to support for almost an hour and we tried a few times and I just got a shrug. No go.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch
Which Samsung watch are you using?
0 Likes
Snoring Bear
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@LongHiker - I hope you saw my reply.  Can't tell if your following posts were to me or someone else.  But, I have my watch connected to my Moto 2023 Edge+.  That works fine.  However, you cannot install Samsung Members on that, so I have been using my Tab A8.  When I click the Participate Button, it says I am ineligible.  When I hit cancel, I get a box that says, Beta Test. Tap the Button below to go to the Galaxy Store and install the beta app....

When I do, it goes to a browser and the link is no good.  Says Webpage is not available

The webpage at normalbetasamsungapps://BetaTestProductDetail/com.samsun.wearable.watchplugin?  and much more.   At the end it says net:ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME.

So apparently something is wrong with a few of these steps and urls.  Like I said, I worked for an hour with a Samsung Tech via chat, which was painfully slow, but at the end he had no clue what was wrong.  Kind of a poop show.  Do you have any tips on how to make this work?

Thanks.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Snoring Bear Yeah, unfortunately the Galaxy Watches don't sync with the tablets. You would need your watch synced to a Samsung phone to be able to participate in the beta. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Snoring Bear Yes, my post was for you. You can't sync a watch with the tablet. So you can't join the Beta from your tablet for the watch. 

Also, you can't join the beta from a non-Samsung phone. 

Sorry, but you are unable to participate. 

0 Likes
Snoring Bear
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

That for a final clear answer.  Imho, this should be the first question the support staff should have on their flow charts.  This was never brought up during my hour plus session.  Thanks.

AFurryVR2018
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's a Bluetooth model idk why I can opt in
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch
Which watch do you have? What is the model number?
0 Likes
AFurryVR2018
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Watch 4 sm-r865u
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry, but that is an LTE model.