Original topic:

Quick panel greyscale

(Topic created: Saturday)
quickpanel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch 5 pro when recieved the watch was all colored but the quick panel was greyscaled out. I recently got the new watch 7 and having the same problem. I found that the watch 5 pro can be turned off if you 2 finger  triple 3 tap  the quickpanel but on want 7 is doesn't react. Is this a software glitch or is there another way to take grayscale off the quick panel?

0 Likes
8 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

The quick panel on any watch is B/W or greyscale, with little spots of blue when you have a feature turned on. The quick panel also has a power off switch, but you have to move it to the spot you want it.

0 Likes
quickpanel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes that's the problem the features that are supposedly turned on are grey instead of blue while the watch face and all other aspects of the watch are colorized and greyscale is turned off. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
That sounds like a glitch, do the controls work, or are they inactive? I usual to have the same glitch on two completely different watches.
0 Likes
quickpanel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Everything works fine just that. I had it in the 5 pro as well but then I figured it out. If you have an older watch try it. It easiest to go to the last panel where you won't activate anything and and with the 2 fingers triple tap the panel and it should switch 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a watch 4.  I tried the triple tap (never knew that was a thing) and nothing happened.  But, I am also not in the habit of turning my my watch off, and if I need to or need to reboot it, I just do it with the buttons.  Seems like more work to pull down the QP shade, and triple tap to shut something down, when I can just press and hold a button.

I don't know why you don't get the color spots on the active icons.  Even if you had accessibility turned on, your whole watch would be grey scale. 

0 Likes
quickpanel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
The triple tap with 2 fingers is meant to turn on/ off greyscale. Idk why it's a feature but it is and it's supposed to greyscale the whole watch. In turning it off the greyscale doesn't on the quick panel but rest of the watch does go back to color
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Greyscale is a vision enhancement accessibility feature. Do you have color correction on in accesibility settings? Playing around, that changed my quick panel and the rest of the watch to shades of gray.
0 Likes
quickpanel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
No I turned it off and everything is in color and
0 Likes