Original topic:

Same notification sound on Galaxy Watch 7

(Topic created: Sunday)
HAWK1430
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just recieved my Galaxy Watch 7 and when I tried to change the type of notification sound on my phone for my watch messages they all sound like the default notification sound. Is anyone else having this same issue
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can't change the default notification/message sounds on a watch.  You can on your phone, provided you have turned on manage notification categories.  The sound you choose on the phone does not carry over to the watch.  Storage constraints on a watch would preclude adding a sound base.

0 Likes
HAWK1430
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I did try to change it on my phone but when you do every sound is the same
PeninaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Storage?
Watch 7 had double the storage of Watch 6... which was something like double that of Watch 5. To have one or two self chosen notification sounds added to the latest watch models should be infintisimal.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

The storage increase was for the USER, not for Samsung to add a sound menu.  YOU CANNOT ADD CUSTOM SOUNDS TO THE WATCH. What's not clear about that?  What Samsung could have done and what they did is is two different things.  It's not just a matter of storage space for the sounds, but how big the watch OS would get to add the functionality...if you think it's just a simple snip of text string, you have never done programming or know how programming works.

0 Likes