JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Pay not completing 1st startup

(Topic created: 06-10-2022 11:41 AM)
usernJR6cwBGnM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
On my watch 4 I try to use Samsung Pay. Long pressing the button for it brings up the short tutorial which you must swipe through to the end. The last screen says "Start using Samsung Pay" with a blue arrow beneath it. Once tapped, nothing happens. Try long press, nothing happens. 

I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, including uninstalling the watch plug-in. Sam Pay works fine on the s21U. 

Google pay requires a screen lock for some reason so this would be the preferable app I'd wish to use. 
4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usernJR6cwBGnM Samsung Pay requires the same screen lock on the GW4. 

Not sure where your process is failing. Is Samsung Pay opening on your phone when you are finishing the steps on the GW4? The final steps, like adding cards, are done on the phone. 

0 Likes
usernJR6cwBGnM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
The Pay app has always worked on the phone. The watch 4 is newish and I hadn't set it up before. The app only works on the phone. The tutorial on the watch never proceeds past the "start paying with samsung pay" screen.
0 Likes
usernJR6cwBGnM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This screen. I'm not prompted to establish a screen lock for Samsung Pay. Screenshot_20220610_141045_gear_8226_1654884646.png
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to get past the start using Samsung Pay Now Screen. Please see this guide to make sure all the proper steps were completed when setting up Samsung pay on your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00045081/

If you are still experiencing these symptoms after following the proper steps in this set up guide, I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Pay team directly at 1-844-726-7297 for further assistance.