Original topic:

Samsung apps running in the background

(Topic created: 09-15-2023 02:54 PM)
JRStewart
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Wearable Music, SOS, etc randomly run in the background on Galaxy Watch 4 even when I don't use the apps. I stop them from running in the background and lo and behold, they show up just minutes later running in the background again. This was never an issue before this one UI 5/Wear OS4 update. Samsung please, please fix this ASAP. 

77 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
On the phone. There shouldn't be a Galaxy Wearable app showing up in the Watch's app list.
0 Likes
JRStewart
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you very much for the time you spent here trying to help me, I will try this in a little bit and let you know!
JRStewart
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I cleared data and yep, after an hour the Galaxy Wearable Music app showed up again in Recents. As an example, the Smart Switch app synced and when it was finished it left the recents menu. Music Controller app disappeared as well when not in use.
Not sure what the heck is going on but my Galaxy Watch 3 may be put to use again. Much more reliable.
0 Likes
JRStewart
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I saw on Reddit that I'm not the only one having these issues
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I posted about this time other day, this just started with me, I have the watch 5 and ever since the update I have a notification that the Samsung music is running in the background and I don't use any music on my watch, and phone for that matter!
JRStewart
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's frustrating. I've deleted the music app on my GW4 but it didn't matter. Wearable music still shows up running in the background. I clear it, it comes back. I've cleared cache, data, rebooted, factory reset, etc on phone and watch but nothing has worked. This has got to be THE WORST UPDATE EVER.
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same!
0 Likes
Dominik123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same, any fixes yet?

0 Likes
David-NYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here.  I started to notice a profound drop in my battery life, and see this app running in the background.  I can't stop it from launching, or figure out how to remove it completely.  I only use spotify for music, so this is not needed

GArmstrong69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Add another name to the list. Started after latest update. Same background apps running without permission. Same battery drain. Still waiting for a fix. Or even an acknowledgement from Samsung there's an issue.