Original topic:

Samsung apps running in the background

(Topic created: 09-15-2023 02:54 PM)
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Wearable Music, SOS, etc randomly run in the background on Galaxy Watch 4 even when I don't use the apps. I stop them from running in the background and lo and behold, they show up just minutes later running in the background again. This was never an issue before this one UI 5/Wear OS4 update. Samsung please, please fix this ASAP. 

80 Replies
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I saw on Reddit that I'm not the only one having these issues
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I posted about this time other day, this just started with me, I have the watch 5 and ever since the update I have a notification that the Samsung music is running in the background and I don't use any music on my watch, and phone for that matter!
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's frustrating. I've deleted the music app on my GW4 but it didn't matter. Wearable music still shows up running in the background. I clear it, it comes back. I've cleared cache, data, rebooted, factory reset, etc on phone and watch but nothing has worked. This has got to be THE WORST UPDATE EVER.
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same!
Dominik123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same, any fixes yet?

0 Likes
David-NYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here.  I started to notice a profound drop in my battery life, and see this app running in the background.  I can't stop it from launching, or figure out how to remove it completely.  I only use spotify for music, so this is not needed

GArmstrong69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Add another name to the list. Started after latest update. Same background apps running without permission. Same battery drain. Still waiting for a fix. Or even an acknowledgement from Samsung there's an issue. 

userkih4TlxEHs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here. I guess Samsung doesn't care about that thus Galaxy wearable music keeps running in the background for no reason.
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Very annoying
David-NYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was using the Stretched Time face, and saw horrible battery life + Galaxy Wearable Music kept starting itself in background. Changed to a different face and battery life is great, and no more Wearable Music popping up!
0 Likes