Samsung says EMPTY BOX yet has PROOF RETURNED

(Topic created: 7 hours ago)
Chop Chop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello Everyone...

What would you do? 

Going to try and make a long story short...I ordered and returned 2 galaxy watches. Samsung emailed me and said my return was denied because it failed inspection because the devices were not returned. Countless reps in customer service said the box was empty . I kept calling back. I told them then there was either theft at Samsung or Fedex. Finally a supervisor said they were returned and sent me the traige photo and video confirming this. Samsung still denying the refund saying empty box even with photographic proof of return. I found a place online to contact ceo office and sent an email. Now someone from escalations said they are taking over my case. It has been more than 3 months of calls/emails/chats so I finally created a dispute with my credit card company.

Finally after 3 months Samsung comes back and says, "our returns team has provided an update confirming that both watches from your order number SA3618***** have been successfully returned. However, Iā€™ve noticed that a chargeback has been initiated on your account, which means we are unable to process a refund or take any further action until this dispute is resolved. Since this matter involves your bank, I recommend reaching out to them for the most current information about your refund or chargeback. Please keep in mind that the bank may need to conduct an investigation, which could take up to 45 days."

Im so over the incompetency of customer service at Samsung. I truly have lost faith in them. Now they want to send me an insulting $75 promo code for all the hours I have spent on this. 

2 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is standard procedure with a charge back. The retailer cannot do a refund when a charge back has been initiated.

You would need to contact the bank to cancel the charge back for Samsung to process the refund. I have had the same thing happen to me once with Amazon with a phone I sent back to Amazon that went missing. When I went to cancel the charge back I did a conference call with the Bank and Amazon to get both parties on the same page.

I hope this helps for you to do the same.
0 Likes
Chop Chop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

That is a good idea, thanks!