Original topic:

Samsung watch

(Topic created: yesterday)
Tunna
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello 
I have the Samsung watch and it is not holding the charge my watch dies during my 12 hr shift
8 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Tunna Which Galaxy Watch do you have? If you have the original Galaxy Watch it would be several years old and the battery could be failing. 

Tunna
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
man
0 Likes
Tunna
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the original watch
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Tunna Since that watch is 6 years old, it very possibly needs to have a new battery. 

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Tunna BTW, Samsung.com is currently offering a $100 trade in value for that watch toward a new Watch 7. 

0 Likes
mnPARC3L
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yikes man no offensive at all but that's quite an old device you should definitely upgrade it you would be crazy not to especially right now with how cheap the prices are for the most newest released Samsung watches Now's the Time To Go
0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you have AOD (always on display) it will drain your battery quicker.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
There are several things you can do to improve battery life, but it still would be only marginal improvement. If you have raise wrist to wake turned on, turn it off. Every time you move your wrist the screen will wake and every time the screen wakes it uses battery power. As stated earlier, if you have AOD on, turn it off. If you don't need all the sensors active during your shift, you can turn on battery saver or use it in watch only mode. You can turn off sound and vibration - if you get a lot of notifications that vibrate, the vibration uses battery power. You can still get notifications silently. In the meantime, you should be able to do a diagnostic on the watch battery to see if it's still good. I carry a keychain power bank specifically for the watch (like the one below). You can get one and give your watch a boost during your break (I assume you get a break or two in 12 hours).

Amazon.com: Portable Watch Charger for Samsung
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charger-Magnetic-Wireless-3Classic/dp/B0CKN4WHTV/ref=sr_1_4?