Original topic:

Samsungs New Watch 6 and 6 Classic

(Topic created: 07-26-2023 07:20 AM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

GW6Classic-family-01-configurator-800x600.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 is the latest smartwatch from Samsung, and it's packed with new features and improvements. Both sizes have a Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 360 x 360 pixels.

The Galaxy Watch 6 is powered by the new Exynos W930 chipset, which offers a significant performance boost over the previous generation. The watch also has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.

In terms of health features, the Galaxy Watch 6 has a number of new additions, including an ECG sensor, a blood oxygen sensor, and a body composition sensor. The watch also has a new sleep tracking feature that provides more detailed insights into your sleep patterns. Health Features Including

Advanced Sleep Coaching, ECG / Irregular Heart Rhythm Notification, Personalized Heart Rate Zones, BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis), Skin Temperature / Cycle Tracking and Blood Oxygen

The Galaxy Watch 6 runs on Google's Wear OS 4 operating system, which means you can access a wide range of apps and services on the watch. The watch is also compatible with Samsung's One UI Watch software, which offers a number of customization options.

The Galaxy Watch 6 is available for purchase now, and prices start at 299.99 for the 40mm and 329.99 for the 44mm and for the Watch 6 Classic with its rotating bezel 399.99 for the 43mm and 429.99 for the 47mm before trade in

Colors for the Watch 6 are Gold, Silver and Graphite and for the Classis are Black and Silver

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

111 Replies
userAvEoLoTtjL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was all ready to buy the 6 40mm lte
Until I realized that it came in graphite or gold
Had my heart set on silver
My wrist is small so going up in size is not an option
Maybe August they will have it in silver
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would go with the 40mm Lte in Graphite with the silver band.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm glad to see the rotating bezel back but they went from titanium to stainless steel as case material. That's a significant downgrade for me working in the automotive industry and always banging my Watch 5 Pro on metal parts. Not sure why Samsung made this decision but I won't be upgrading just for that fact alone. I'll stick with my titanium, hopefully the Watch 7 brings it back. The 6 overall is just a very incremental upgrade, besides bringing the rotating bezel back, it's slightly larger screen and Samsung claimed "18%" faster processing, it's not worth upgrading if you have a 5 Pro in my opinion. 

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
It appears that it's not an upgrade to the watch 5 pro, it's an upgrade to the watch 4 classic, which was made of steel and had a rotating bezel, as it's lighter than titanium and the watch 6 classic is already one of the heaviest watches on the market. Samsung hinted to several media outlets that the pro is going to come back in some capacity, probably as an Apple watch ultra competitor, and that will probably use titanium.

Agreed that these are barely an upgrade vs the gen 5 models though. The slightly bigger screen is nice but otherwise I'm not seeing much here.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Bigger screens use more battery unfortunately and its got a smaller battery then the 5 pro
Options
Galaxy Watch
If this is true then I wonder if the next Pro will be Dive proof
0 Likes
CaptPackrat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I hated my Watch 4 because the battery life was just awful and the recharge time was terrible. It was totally inferior to my Galaxy Watch (heck, it was worse than my Galaxy Gear and Gear 2 Neo). I had it less than a month before I preordered the 5 Pro. And now they're taking a step backwards again.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am sticking with my 5 Pro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree I love the titanium 5 pro. Black and silver stainless steele the 6 classic boring it looks like the galaxy 3 watch the one I gave to my son. Hopefully the 7 series will return in the titanium fingers cross 🤞 for now I will keep my 5 pro.