Original topic:

Samsungs New Watch 6 and 6 Classic

(Topic created: 07-26-2023 07:20 AM)
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

GW6Classic-family-01-configurator-800x600.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 is the latest smartwatch from Samsung, and it's packed with new features and improvements. Both sizes have a Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 360 x 360 pixels.

The Galaxy Watch 6 is powered by the new Exynos W930 chipset, which offers a significant performance boost over the previous generation. The watch also has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.

In terms of health features, the Galaxy Watch 6 has a number of new additions, including an ECG sensor, a blood oxygen sensor, and a body composition sensor. The watch also has a new sleep tracking feature that provides more detailed insights into your sleep patterns. Health Features Including

Advanced Sleep Coaching, ECG / Irregular Heart Rhythm Notification, Personalized Heart Rate Zones, BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis), Skin Temperature / Cycle Tracking and Blood Oxygen

The Galaxy Watch 6 runs on Google's Wear OS 4 operating system, which means you can access a wide range of apps and services on the watch. The watch is also compatible with Samsung's One UI Watch software, which offers a number of customization options.

The Galaxy Watch 6 is available for purchase now, and prices start at 299.99 for the 40mm and 329.99 for the 44mm and for the Watch 6 Classic with its rotating bezel 399.99 for the 43mm and 429.99 for the 47mm before trade in

Colors for the Watch 6 are Gold, Silver and Graphite and for the Classis are Black and Silver

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

115 Replies
wingriderr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thats weird. Why did they downgrade the watch material and the battery?
samsamsamsamsamsam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Because... cost.

0 Likes
Legal_arbitration
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

so it can no longer do Standalone like the smartwatch 4 with the Carriers and requires a Cell phone plan plus a watch plan for the LTE version... NICE DOWNGRADE!!! and it costs more WOW what a deal who was the genius who thought of doing that AND not correcting the Marketing Material....  ... 

0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I loved it all the way up until I traded it in for the Ultra.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Varzil
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is an issue of convenience of bevel vs. the extras size screen (43mm on G6 vs 47mm on G6 Classic) or saving battery power.

The 4 extra mm isn't that much, but supporting the physical bevel could ''eat more power'' as well.

Then there is the finances, the monthly Device fee will be $1.25 for the Reg. Watch6, & $5.41 for the Classicā€¦

Also, I'm curious if anyone heard anything else about the ins & outs of daily use of these watches on internet forums or reviews. Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've always been a big fan of the 44mm regular version for workouts. I like the classic style but it has traditionally been more bulky which I don't care for for runs. It's all about use case I suppose.
0 Likes
Geno71
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Varzil 

I think the biggest question is what fits your style. Functionality and performance is the same. Are you looking for a modern and sporty looking smartwatch? Then it's the Watch 6. Are you looking for something a bit more premium and classy looking? It's the Watch 6 Classic. Personally, I like a watch that looks like a classic watch, so the "Classic" is the one I ordered.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡

Jayem26
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Agree totally! If you want something that looks like a fitness tracker then get the 6. If you want something that looks good when you want to dress up for a night out then you'll want the 6 Classic.
samsamsamsamsamsam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do people actually think someone is looking at your watch when you go out? Is this what we've come to believe in any society?

0 Likes
Jayem26
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Absolutely! People who know watches notice them. I got two compliments in the past week about my 6 Classic. And someone else who got the 6 liked my D band better than his...
0 Likes