Original topic:

Schedule goodnight mode on Galaxy watch

(Topic created: 09-10-2018 11:21 PM)
userb3H6owbR4B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

During the day, I have my watch face always on, but would like to turn it off at night. Currently, I manually turn on goodnight mode before going to sleep.

Is there a way to schedule goodnight mode to automatically turn on at a certain time?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userqWf4rmnAyZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi guys,

Best solution I've found I'd adding good night mode to the quick settings.

Go to Settings > Advanced > Edit Quick Settings. Here you can add the Good Night Mode (half moon icon) to your quick action pull down on main screen.

Much simpler step to activate Good Night Mode just before bed. 

View solution in context

42 Replies
NebulaPond
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes please - first thing I looked up was this functionality. Seems an over-sight.

user3cixPcphqH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Think it's supposed to turn on when it detects that you're sleeping, that appears to work however I got up and walked around for 2 hours and it was still on so it doesn't seem to understand when the turn itself off. 

userWBV36N3I7G
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I use the Do not disturb function, you can set days and times.  Works the same.

userrpPUp9Spsy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks that would be much easier 

0 Likes
user128RVpTwMz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've been very annoyed by this, too: the various quiet-modes (do-not-disturb, goodnight, theater) seem to have subtle differences in behavior that leave me uncertain how to best apply them. I just don't see a way to do what I want without a lot of manual intervention:

I'm enthusiastic about sleep-tracking, so I wear my watch to bed every night. To save battery and avoid disruptions at night, I want to reliably disable AOD, wake-up gesture, *bezel-wakeup*, and all non-alarm sounds/vibrations (including the hourly chime). Several of these settings are not covered by the scheduled do-not-disturb, so further manipulation is necessary. To achieve what I need, I've settled on a strategy that's pretty unsatisfying, but it's the best I could find: I have do-not-disturb scheduled, and then try to remember to activate goodnight-mode to save battery when I go to sleep (... and then also have to remember to disable it again in the morning). When I do remember, this achieves everything I want EXCEPT for the bezel-wakeup toggle: I've found that if I leave bezel-wakeup enabled at night, I accidentally bump the bezel quite often when I'm moving around in bed, and see the screen light up. Since I haven't found a way to toggle that feature conveniently, I've reluctantly disabled it entirely out of frustration.

Feels to me as if we need a way to define separate "settings profiles" for different modes, and then activate those profiles on a custom schedule. The existing combinations are just confusing, and ultimately inadequate.

userplzbvst4vv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree completely. I want to monitor my sleep but the watch keeps waking me up. Ideally I would like a way to program a timetable of sleep times so it is routine and not a hassle when going to bed each time. 

Tikica
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Was your sleep monitored with a good night mode on?

I have a watch for 2 days, and first night I've put it on do not disturb settings. My sleep was monitored just fine, and I got the morning digest when I woke up.

But last night, I wanted to check out good night mode, and woke up to realize that my sleep wasnt monitored at all! I did not receive digest eather.

I whish thare is a better manual that would explain better, which option does what. It seams to me that Samsung did not put enough effort in developing one. (The one on the web is very modest).

userDdAZxBJplj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree that this is annoying.  Everynight I have to go into advanced setting turn off bezel wake up and turn on Good night mode.  I have to reverse the same in the morning.  I have received notifications around bed time asking if I want to enable Good night mode but it's inconsistent.

Also why is Good night mode an advanced function where Theatre Mode and Airplane mode are easily accessible?  I sleep everynight, I don't fly or go to the Theatre at that frequency.

Solution
userqWf4rmnAyZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi guys,

Best solution I've found I'd adding good night mode to the quick settings.

Go to Settings > Advanced > Edit Quick Settings. Here you can add the Good Night Mode (half moon icon) to your quick action pull down on main screen.

Much simpler step to activate Good Night Mode just before bed.