Original topic:

Schedule goodnight mode on Galaxy watch

(Topic created: 09-10-2018 11:21 PM)
userb3H6owbR4B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

During the day, I have my watch face always on, but would like to turn it off at night. Currently, I manually turn on goodnight mode before going to sleep.

Is there a way to schedule goodnight mode to automatically turn on at a certain time?

Thank you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Lagertha75 

I have the same observation that the AOD turns off. Seems to be related to detecting "sleep" but happens also at "inactivity" like working on a computer.

It also happens that the security lock activates and requires the PIN-code.

This is on a Galaxy Watch with updated firmware. Samsung Service centre could not find what causes this, so I bougth a new one which still runs the original firmware (tizen 4.0.0.0 etc). That watch does not does not turn off AOD and does not (regularily) activate security lock while I wear it (altough it happened twice after actual sleep during the 2 months I have used it). So either there is a difference between these two individual whatches, or the newer firmware (Tizen 4.0.01 etc) behaves differently.

Anybody else with similar observations?

0 Likes
userO8ft3cmE4B
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

i used to use do not disturb before, however with the One UI update it is now linked to my phone, if i set do not distub on my watch, it will also put do not disturb on my phone which i do not want 

same problem with the Alarm since the update

these options should not be linked together between Phone and Watch 

D3M1NG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userO8ft3cmE4B 

I'm glad DND is linked to both the watch and the phone. It doesnt make any sense for them to not be linked together. If your turning on DND then it means you dont want to be disturbed.  If your worried about certain calls from people not coming through then you add them into favorite contacts so that only those favorite contacts are the ones to reach you wether its through text or call or both in DND. 

0 Likes
STEELWATER45
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'll have the same watch you go to create reminder and it would do it automatically

0 Likes
userWnU8F1UETm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just use Water Lock mode at night. Settings - Advanced-Water Lock Mode-ON....This will insure no gestures turn on the display. Work well for me and just hold down the lower button on watch in the morning and it turns water lock off.

0 Likes
user7BEbLXxzvC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Come on, Samsung

Please consider NOW to include in next updte of Tizen a schedule for Good Night mode.

I am waking up because of the light of the automatic system to bring the watch up.

And it is not valid to use quick settings every night and every morning.

If DND mode has already a schedule configuration, it is about 2 lines more of code to have it with goodnight mode.

Come on !!!!

Thanks.

0 Likes
usereJPIgukeNB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi Samsung.

I have a big problem. During working days i sleep till 8.00, during weekends i sleep till 1o-11. However the sleep mode of the watch disengages and my watch starts vibrating when my friends start writing to me. This wakes me up. I had Xiaomi mi band in the past and the auto sleep mode has never disengaged without me getting out of the bed.

0 Likes
usernHJJnNF4Hn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

How has this been a thing since 2018 and still not been resolved two years later? This is absolute basic functionality. I bought a Galaxy Watch yesterday and natively kept wearing it at night, only to get woken up by random emails. If I'm going to have to remember to turn on Good Night mode every night I'll be woken up a lot more times, or I'll just have to not wear the watch to bed, which means sleep tracking is out there window.

This lack of basic features is not what I was expecting from a device this expensive. Get your act together, Samsung.

usern0yyjwCOkS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have just bought the new Galaxy Watch 3 LTE and learned about the goodnight mode, VERY disappointed to learn that it cannot be scheduled.

Klaxxon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

the solution, isn't.  I don't understand how it's been 2 years and there isn't a better option? 

0 Likes